US$76
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

US$77
Residence Inn
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$106
US$97
Affordable Suites of America(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$79
US$77
US$229
Homewood
All reviewscontinental breakfastroom was cleancoffee makerwaffle house across the streetworked finemini fridgewifi worked wellfront desk clerknon smokingchecking inhotel roombed and pillowsfirst floorstaff was friendlytvtargetgas
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

We have absolutely no complaints about the cleanliness of the hotel. The room was clean...it was maintained well. The accommodations were just fine. The sketchy part comes from the clientele that was at the hotel...we walked down to the ice machine and it was definitely a more rough crowd at the hotel. With him I felt fine and ok walking alone....if I had been alone...I would have been freaked out as a single female.

The lady that checked us is was super friendly. However....we went back an hour later to ask for the late check out that we had forgotten to request...a different lady was at the desk and she was incredibly rude about it...'ask in the morning at 8'. Well the reason we needed the late check out was because we knew we would be tired and didn't want to have to wake up super early. Something so easy....oh well.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mfclingan
ABVI F, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Fredericksburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive feed back on the cleanliness in our hotel. Our housekeeping staff, maintenance and front desk take pride in our hotel. I would like to address the other issues that you had during your stay here. The sketchy crowd and been kicked out. I am sorry that you felt like you be unsafe had you been alone. I assure you that is not how we want our guest to feel. I would like to also apologize for the rudeness of the desk clerk. However we do have a policy of asking the manager in the morning for late checkouts. Unfortunately we are on a limited time to flip rooms so there might be a possibility of no late check out. My front desk staff should of better explained that. And for that I am sorry! We hope that the next time you come through that you will visit our hotel again.

J Johnson

Reviewed 17 May 2016

I got my room suuuper cheap, so I was expecting it to be pretty gross, but once I was in my room, it was totally fine. Sofa, flat screen tv, fridge, coffee maker, no clock, minimal shampoo/soap. They say that they offer breakfast, but it was just buns, cereal, juice and coffee. I'd definitely stay there again if I needed to.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I would like to take a minute to thank you for the positive feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope that when you visit again that you will stay with us. I would like to say I'm sorry there was no clock in the room. We have replaced the ones that is missing from the rooms. We do have extra shampoo/soap available at all times at the front desk we would've been more then happy to give you extra. Next time please don't hesitate to ask for more! Hope to see you again.

J Johnson

Reviewed 6 May 2016

My husband snores, especially if he's had a beer. He wanted a beer and I wanted a good night's sleep, so we decided to rent two adjoining rooms at a cheap motel. America's Best Value had high ratings and low prices, so that's what we chose. I'm very glad we did, because for $100 TOTAL, we got exactly what we wanted! We each had our own room, our own bath, and though it wasn't luxurious it was just fine. We each had a coffee pot, and the room had a refrigerator so that when I went to the nearby Target (walking distance) I could buy some milk instead of using powdered creamer.

The hotel was clean, the bed as comfortable as anywhere we've stayed, the pillow just right. The shower was strong and as hot as I'd want it. The girl at the front desk wasn't a ball of personality, but who cares, we weren't going for a beer together. She gave us the adjoining rooms as requested and didn't screw anything up. What more could we ask? The wi-fi was fine, no password needed, and there was a free breakfast of either cereal or a pastry.

I took the advice of another reviewer and booked on-line. When I called, the receptionist said each room would be $60 plus tax. On-line it was $48 or $49 plus tax. Also, there's a Dunkin Donuts nearby as well as a Panera and several other places to eat. Each is a few blocks away, so is walkable for most.

I feel that we got more than we paid for, which is unusual in 2016.

P.S. Ironically, we could not find anything but six packs at Target, so my husband never had his beer!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharonov
Reviewed 4 May 2016

While traveling from New York to North Carolina, my husband and I stopped in Fredericksburg for our motel. Not having any reservations, we stopped at the first motel we came to, which was America's Best Value Inn. We were traveling with our dog, so I went into the office to ask if they allowed pets. The answer was yes, but the only rooms that they would allow a pet into was a smoking room. I then asked to be allowed to see one of the smoking rooms to see if housekeeping had deodorized it well enough to be acceptable. The room stunk!!!!! I could not imagine subjecting myself, my husband, or my pet to such noxious odors all night. We ended up going down the road to the Quality Inn for a few dollars more and getting a non-smoking, clean room.

Room Tip: Do not travel here with pets - they put you in a smoking room.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2016

This motel in located in a group of hotels/motels along 95. Maybe have so many so close makes the prices more competitive! I paid only $40 a night for a room on Sunday and Monday nights. I booked online, but when I was using the computer station by the check-in desk, someone came in to ask about rooms and was quoted $50 for the same night. I recommend asking for coupons or booking online!
The location is pretty much right between University of Mary Washington two campuses (one is called "The Stafford Campus" but is actually in north Fredericksburg.)
Room was spacious and up to date. WiFi connection was fast, did not require a login, and didn't bump me off. I've stayed in much nicer hotels that charged for WiFi, had super slow connections (unless you wanted to pay even more for faster speed) and automatically disconnected you after a few hours. There was a table and two chairs with outlets nearby, which was perfect for setting up my laptop. Bathroom had hairdryer. Fridge and microwave worked. No closet but a hanging rod and shelf by the bathroom. Also a room safe! Doors triple-lock. Blackout curtains. AC blew very hard and cold; had to keep turning it off when I was working on my computer.
I got a non-smoking room, but there was a smell of smoke in the bathroom at times. I think ventilation from a smoking room might be coming through the vents. One of my bedspreads had a cigarette burn hole in it. Towels were small-ish and not very thick, but decent. You might want to ask for extras when you check in. Coffee pot had only one packet of coffee that was labeled "one cup". The woman at the front desk said it would make a full pot, but it would have been pretty weak! I used 2 packs to make 3/4 pot. There's a Dunkin Donuts a few doors down, so if you want better coffee, just go for a walk.
Because of the low price, there are people living there with vouchers. Sometimes, these places have trouble with crime, but this place seemed pretty safe. I did see police driving through the lot a few times. The front desk area locks at night and you have to use a window for transactions. They let me in to use the printer, though.
Breakfast was coffee, orange and apple juice, raisin bran and frosted flakes. Big jug of milk in the fridge for everyone to pour from. Foam bowls and cups. They stop serving at 9 am.
Another reviewer mentioned that rooms on the other side of the hotel were not as nice. I was on the right side when facing the front door/back to 95.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo