“Awful..DON"T Do It”

Motel 6 Fredericksburg South
Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Stayed here for an overnight on our way to Florida because we have 2 small dogs, and they let dogs stay for free. I usually don't mind an outside entrance to a room, but you could actually see through the side of the door to the outside because it didn't shut right. I felt like it wouldn't take much to kick the door in. Inside only got worse. The floor was dirty, there were black specks on the bedspreads. The toilet seat was broken and only held on by one screw. Walls were dirty, and the whole place was just creepy. My husband woke up with a bug bit on his face in the morning. We didn't even shower in the morning, just got out of there.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to share this experience. Our main goal is to serve our guest very well and satisfy them during their stay at our hotel but it is just so saddening to learn that you had an experience like this. On behalf of our staff, I sincerely apologize for all the problems and inconvenience you encountered. Know that we take your comments very seriously and we will use this feedback for us to give our guest an exceptional experience in the future. Rest assured that we will go through the issues as soon as possible and we will address it accordingly. Please do consider us again in the future so we may change your views about our hotel and management.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I travel a lot on business and stay at a Motel 6 often because of costs.
Most of them are reasonably well maintained but, until my stay in Fredericksburg, Buffalo, NY and Rockford, ILL were the worst. Now the Fredericksburg property tops the list. Not only were there no chairs and the floor was filthy but, when I went to take a shower in the morning, I discovered that the handle required to turn on the water and adjust temp was sitting on the side of the tub. You had to hold it where it was supposed to be fixed to adjust water!!!
Really!! I would rate it lower than 1 if possible.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I will NEVER go to this motel again! First of all we had our 2 and 10 year old with us and the non-smoking room reaked of cigs. The top sheet of both beds had cig burns, bathroom looked like it wasn't cleaned, says free WiFi but it doesn't work, insense burn mark on the wall before bathroom. Check-in people weren't friendly, however, the checkout lady was very nice.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Room 219 was quite horrible. My friend asked to change rooms, yet they claimed that they were "booked up"--the outside looked like it was not even booked up. The service at the front desk was horrible when we let them know about the unsatisfactory room. The room had sunken floors, cracks on the floor and walls, and the bathroom fixtures were loose and came off as shown in the pictures. Also, the sleep quality was poor. Even though it is close to Kings Dominion and DC, I would not recommend staying in a room where the place is falling apart. I love Motel 6 as a whole, but this place needs some serious improvements.

Room Tip: Please choose somewhere else to stay that does not have sunken floors or bad fixtures.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

1 star for the clean fridge and microwave !

The first thing you'll notice about the room is that you stick to the floor and that it's got cracks in the flooring (see pictures)

Wear shoes at all times. Trust me you understand if you don't. The black crust that forms on your feet is hard to wash off

The bathroom is odd. See picture of the odd fixtures ! I could operate it and never got hot water.

The door couldn't shut as the ceiling and walls are cracking all around the doorway ...

The room used to be s King? As the bed head is massive .. The queen I do have was pretty poor.

The room beside mine had a little 'private party.'

Two of the party goers bumped into me as they left / fled the next morning. Must have been a twin in tight dresses and lots of make up party. I'm still questioning why two nicely dressed girls getting into a new Jaguar would be staying here ... Then I saw their 'driver' and presto I more clearly understood

The staff seemed at best angry. Never mentioned the wifi or breakfast but frankly I needed bother

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo