“Inexpensive Clean place to rest overnight- Dog friendly -wifi”

Red Roof Inn Fredericksburg South
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 12 March 2017

You're on the road with your pooch and you're dog gone tired. You want an inexpensive place, but cheap usually means... .,You KNOW what it usually means. Dirty, strong odors and you're afraid to pull back those sheets. BUT
I was pleasantly surprised to find this place Clean, comfy, and at all at a great price. The front desk receptionist was very kind and even swapped my room when I had trouble getting my bag up the steps. Keep in mind, this is no 5 star hotel. It's just a place to get you off the road for some ZZZZZ's close to 95 and close to restaurants and shopping if that's what you're looking for.

Room Tip: Request first floor, no elevator
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
RRIfburg, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Fredericksburg South. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is not too good, needs a lot of cleaning, staying in a hotel you don't feel confortable turning on the AC unit because you see the fan full of dirt is not good and is not good to sleep in a place with bad smell. Blankets were stained and everything was outdated. They have to work a lot with their personal to do a better cleaning this is all this hotel needs.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Fredericksburg South. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

Simple two story row motel with basic amenities just off Highway and next to a Knights Inn with same construction & design. Rooms fairly large and clean. Staff pleasant. Several restaurants nearby. Best for an overnight stop - late in, early out.

Room Tip: Try Red Roof Inn in Stafford if travelling I95.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I pulled off at the Red Roof Inn. We had picked up a coupon book at the Welcome Center for hotels in Virginia. Since we were only bedding down for 5 or so hours and we had our dog we didn't want to spend a fortune but wanted a clean place. So, we pulled in and to a very accommodating clerk. She was AWESOME! Got a 1st floor, clean, and newly renovated room. We even could use our coupon, triple AAA, and NO charge for our dog. What an inexpensive way to travel. Thank you RED ROOF! Ruff ruff! ❤️

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Samantha K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit through!

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Ok- so to be fair, we needed a place to pit stop on our way to visit our son for Thanksgiving and my husband is cheaply McCheap. He booked the Red Roof Inn because we were traveling with our dog and generally they are ok. Because of traffic we arrived at 12:30 AM. The place looked run down but we had guaranteed it so we checked in. We should have left anyway.

We asked for a first floor room but were told that they were all smoking rooms,
So we were given a 2nd floor room. When we got in it, it became clear that it also was a
Smoking room. It stunk. My husband had unpacked and it was late, but after 15 min I called the front desk to complain. Their solutions was for my husband to come down and get a bottle of Fabreeze!! I was so disturbed by the smell (I am an asthmatic) that I made him go get it and I used the entire bottle. I then looked at the bedspread- which literally had holes In it. I tried to sleep (it was 1:30 am at this point. ) The next morning I got up and went to take a shower- only to find a dirty towel strung on the shower
Curtain pole and no clean towels or soap or shampoo. Clearly the room has not been completely cleaned- if at all. Ick.

To be fair, I called the front desk and detailed for the manager all of the issues. She took 25% off our bill. Not completely satisfactory but at least something. There are many other options in Fredericksburg - learn from our experience and stay elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple