See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Traveling with family from Florida to New Jersey. We usually drive the entire trip in one day but got a late start, so we stopped in Fredericksburg, VA to get some rest. It was a Friday night and the Hampton Inn was booked, so we stayed at the Knights Inn across the street. It was one of the dirtiest motels I've ever been to. Carpets were dirty, bathroom floor was dirty, and the strange thing was the drywall putty that was on the inside of the bathroom door handle, presumably to keep it from locking? ?? See the picture!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 8 April 2016

Can you say "making a silk purse out of a sow's ear"? Horrible! Beds were firm but pillows were a shadow of their former self. Linens old and tired, carpets burnt and old, clock didn't work, but that new fridge and microwave were real shiny! Plus, not even a hair dryer in the room, if you can believe it. Guess we should have had more cell data so we could check places like these out better.
We have to stop staying at hotels that are operated by a franchisee, even if all the other hotels are filled. Stale old coffee was available in the office, if you don't mind bent styrofoam cups. Hell, we couldn't even get a receipt, just a poorly cut out business card. Keep driving!!

Room tip: Keep looking for another hotel.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mr_TBrighton_ON
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Very cheap, but a bit "shady". It had a creepy feel. I stayed because it was cheap and I was tired, and it was close to the interstate which I had to hop back on the next morning but I would not advise other single women travelers to stay there.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Susan K
Reviewed 5 June 2015

We made reservations through AARP to stay for a night on a busy race weekend. When we arrived at the hotel to get our room we were informed by the very rude desk personnel that they did not honor any reservations made online from any company! We were denied a room, which I guess was great because the man was arguing with every person that approached the window for a room. I can only imagine what would've happened if we had stayed and had a problem. I San only say, do not even approach this place for a room. I am only rating a 1 because I can't choose 0!

Room tip: Go somewhere else!
Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank grovia s
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We picked this place at random when we needed to spend a night on our way into DC. Well, it wasn't the best choice for sure, especially since there are plenty of better options available really close by. One of our two rooms was not cleaned: we found hair on pillows and forgotten floss in the bathroom area. Paint is peeling in the showers and the carpets look really dirty throughout. We have to give credit to the manager though because he insisted on showing us the rooms before we filled out the registration - I guess that offer should have been a warning right there... (of course we discovered the dirty beds only after we had moved in, duh). Internet is good, but no breakfast, only coffee and tea in the morning. I would not stay there again.

Room tip: Look at the beds and bathroom really closely before agreeing to stay in any of the rooms.
Date of stay: August 2014