“Much More Than Pho”

Pho Saigon Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 513 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Notwithstanding the name, Pho Saigon has a lengthy menu of primarily Vietnamese dishes. Service is quite good, and it is clearly a local favorite with patrons welcomed by name. On what should have been a slow night, our early arrival was prudent because the restaurant filled rapidly although turnover was quick.
Most of our party did not order pho, and with a broad menu even picky children were very satisfied. Amazing. The attentive service ensured no fussiness. Adult dishes were well regarded. The pho I selected had better-than-average broth and decent (albeit a bit sparse) meat. This was one time I would have hoped for a bit more meat, particularly tripe, and the menu was a bit vague. Abundant basil, chiles, and bean sprouts are provided but ask for chile paste, etc. because it is not set on the table. There was a small issue with an order of Garden Rolls (shrimp provided rather than bean cord), but they were still good. In retrospect, it may might have been smarter to go with the Spring Rolls because they might have been real Nem (but I felt a bit rushed and the menu was vague); it would be prudent to ask.
Regrettably, Pho Saigon uses Facebook as its website. A better website would help potential customers. Regardless, this is a keeper with good food and superb service.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

This was our first stab at Vietnamese food (other than Pho) and we were pleased. We were initially drawn to trying the restaurant because of the wings we saw listed online on the menu though this are not offered in the restaurant menu.

The first thing you notice is the size of the restaurant. It’s small and located in a little shopping plaza off Salem Church. It’s nicely decorated though and cozy. Our waitress was friendly and we didn’t wait long to be seated.

We started off with an appetizer that was a sampler of sorts and included spring rolls(soft and crispy)and different skewers (shrimp, beef, pork, and chicken). Since we don’t eat pork, we got two soft rolls and asked to substitute the pork skewer. They were very accommodating. The dish was tasty and everything was cooked to perfection. This is a great choice to try some of the different offerings they have at a reasonable price (10.95)

I got the veggie fried rice and my husband gave them a list of the things he likes/doesn’t like and had them choose for him. The chef made him a noodle dish with veggies and chicken that was spicy. She even cane out and showed him how to mix the dish properly for the best flavor profile. We both enjoyed our food immensely.

We will be back to try something new in the future. Overall, I appreciated how friendly the staff was and it was nice to see such a variety of customers.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Delicious pho served by very friendly family owners. Unassuming casual spot in small strip mall. Pho ga is my favorite but there are many other menu items tasty as well.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I have had a fair share of Pho in my life. I even went to different towns before stumbling upon this one. Not all of the Pho places are authentic. This restaurant is own by a family who provides excellent service. The atmosphere is calming and quiet. If you are hungry, I would recommend this place because you are seated quickly and get your order minutes after ordering.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I've been here multiple times and every time, whether I am dining in with friends or family or getting take out, the food is always great. I especially like their Pho Ga (chicken pho) and their crispy spring rolls. That said the staff at this restaurant is one of the reasons I like it so much as they are always super friendly and very kind. For example, I was running late to pick up my order and they had to close for the day but they still let me come in late and pick up my order while they were cleaning up for the night. Because I always have a good experience here and I think the food is better than at a different Vietnamese restaurant that is actually closer to my house I am always willing to make the extra 10 minute drive to go to Pho Saigon Restaurant. Therefore I highly recommend this restaurant and you should check it out.