“Fantastic Pet Friendly Hotel”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I had a three night stay while attending a wedding in the area. Since every family member was attending the wedding, I needed to find a pet friendly hotel. My dilemma was resolved when I found the Country Inn and Suites in Fredricksburg. This was the first time that Bella (shitzu) had to travel with us. The room was clean and spacious. The grounds were immaculate. The food (breakfast) was fantastic. The staff and Manager, Randall Dowdy was highly professional and gracious. My mom, husband, "Bella", and I had a wonderful time. I highly, highly recommend this pet friendly hotel!!!!!!

Let me add that because I knew it was pet friendly I was a bit hesitant when I considered the idea of pets on the premises, but I my concerns were easily dismissed
when I found a clean bed, clean sheets, and a clean room.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jewel946
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Jewel; Thank you for selecting our hotel for your families travel and stay needs. We are very pleased to hear that the hotel, pet friendly grounds and rooms, staff and services far exceeded your expectations leading to a very pleasant experience. We will share your kind words and compliments with the team to encourage them to keep up the great job. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

We were driving through Virginia on our way to Pennsylvania and our kids (3 and 19mos) were needing out of the car. I called at 1230am and got a room right away. Hotel very clean and safe area. Cookies and hot coffee/tea/hot chocolate available when we got there. The room had everything you needed: toiletries, blow dryer, microwave and minifridge and free HBO. Hotel was very quiet and beds super comfortable. In the morning the free breakfast wasn't bad at all. Scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits with gravy, yogurt, pastries, cereal and a waffle machine. I've had better breakfasts but for the cost and the short notice convenience at the front desk I would rate this a very excellent choice and would stay here again!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear bciampoli; Thank you for selecting our hotel for your overnight stay.

We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you and your family had a restful evening after a long drive and were able to join us for a quick, good breakfast before getting back on the road. Thank you for sharing with us that you enjoyed your stay, it was a pleasure having you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

This hotel def. needs an overhaul carpets are nasty dirty the beds aren't that comfortable I have alots of back issues as well as my husband and by morning we are in so much pain the furniture needs to be up dated in the suites ,The people are so nice tho, they make you feel so welcome all except the guy that runs the breakfast he has a serious attitude problem he is so rude I have even complained on him and from what his coworkers say hes also not an easy person to work with he has a bully attitude and he is rude to them as well , I do travel a bit to this area and stay here a lot and in ref. to anothers complaint about the weed smell its true I have to smelled it but unless they make changes they will lose customers I may start going to another hotel myself I don't like getting work up by housekeeping whom bang on the door 8;30 -or 9;00am to clean why they do that when check out is 12;00 is beyond me

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Dear defleppardlover; Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, we appreciate your feedback regarding your recent experience. Your feedback allows us to see where improvements are needed and we will address this with staff to better our guests stay moving forward. We are sorry for the disruption, housekeeping works hard to keep our guestrooms very clean and tidy, in order to do so, they start as early as possible to access those departed rooms that have left already, unfortunately this means some early knocks on rooms in their hallway that have not left yet. To help with this on your next visit, please ask our staff to inform housekeeping you do not plan on departing prior to noon, this may help alleviate an early knock.

We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Check-in was quick; even though we arrived well after midnight, the young lady at the front desk was courteous, professional and informative. There was coffee, cookies and ice water in the lobby and the flooring and furnishings were lovely. Our room was delightful, spacious and quiet, with all the amenities one expects at a fine hotel. The beds, bedding and pillows were premium quality, and of course everything was spotlessly clean. The only suggestion I would offer is to replace the cheap plastic toilet seat that so many hotels use these days. We were very pleased with breakfast - good coffee, juice, hot biscuits and gravy, tenderized grilled seasoned chicken breasts, plus all the requisite continental offerings. The staff were wonderful - we heartily recommend Country Inn & Suites by Carlson in Fredericksburg and will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear Cassandra; Thank you so much for the great review and feedback from your recent stay. We are very pleased to hear you had a pleasant experience.

Our staff works hard to ensure our guests have everything they need and a enjoy providing a few extra touches for a great stay. We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We will share your compliments with the team to encourage them to keep up the great job moving forward. Thank you again for being our guests and for the recommendations to others. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.