Carroll Gardens House
US$139
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$214
US$180
US$169
Hotel Indigo(Brooklyn)
US$138
US$126
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$168
US$139
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

US$252
US$249
US$229
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Lefferts Manor Bed & Breakfast(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$99
NY Moore Hostel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$80
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Franklin Guesthouse(Brooklyn)
US$365
US$319
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

2 couples from the UK who had been and done the NYC sights before wanted something more chilled second time around. Carroll Gardens House provided just that! A simply stylish top floor apartment in a brownstone in a real neighbourhood area. Views over homes to the Manhattan skyline to the rear and over Carroll Gardens to the front, with families and kids playing and chilling. A subway right on the doorstep with easy access to all points and a vibrant local community with a huge variety of eateries and bars.

Perfect apartment in a perfect location.

The real deal.

Delighted.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2015

This is located perfectly in Brooklyn. No complaints there. Response times via email and such for booking were great. Not so great once there. Upon arrival, they were having a stoop sale on steps of brownstone, frequently had to ask kids to move so we could unload our many suitcases , food etc., not an easy task from down the street parking and up to third floor. The unit appeared clean enough and sparsely furnished and decorated. We were given no introduction to the unit. No soap, shampoo or extra toilet paper was provided in unit we had to ask. Unit appeared to not even be ready for our arrival. Little interest shown on Jamie's part. 4 people and 10 hangers for a week. Called for our needs and no reply for over an hour, recalled and told by Jamie she was busy with her kids. Sorry but I am paying good money to stay here and thus find a babysitter if you wish to make money. The ceiling fan in master bedroom worked but not the lights. She had no clue. One of the electric sockets in dining room hanging literally out of the wall, a bit scary to me. The second bedroom dingy, small, like in tiny. NO A/C. We had not been told that. We were told an A/C unit in front and back but not given a layout of unit nor informed one bedroom no A/C. When I spoke to Jamie and said I wish I had been told this, her response was she disclosed everything and no matter we would not need it as temps were to drop tomorrow. Smug and condescending attitude my opinion. She was to come back with hangers and lightbulbs but had to call her again after over an hour. Little interest it appears in property rental. She finally had to have electrician come to fix lights in bedroom and socket hanging out of wall. This took a day or two. Said it had happened before as crazy as it sounds hmm..When unpacked noted draws and lips of draws covered with dust..oh my...not good for my nice, clean clothes, so yes I had to play maid and dust.

Freezer and refrigerator had leftover food , I assume from previous guests. Not a huge issue but should have been removed. We told Jamie so she would know and she did remove it. We did not want to be responsible for disposing of it. The unit was spacious enough except the second bedroom which had to be a child's bedroom as was so tiny. There were fans you could use if necessary. There was internet available and flat screen tv with cable or satellite. Furniture was dingy and cheap to say the least. Dining room chairs so used when you sat in them the edges around stuffing poked into your legs, very uncomfortable. Decor dingy, in need of overhaul. No light over dining room table just a floor stand light near it.
Bathroom tiny, with tub and shower, tub could use replacement. Water pressure fluctuates when shower being taken and kitchen water used and vice versa.
4 towels were supplied for 4 people and we never had a towel change all week. I believe in being green but this is a tad much. The towels were not new and actually quite dingy. There is no safe in unit, so good luck in leaving things of value in unit like passports etc. Everywhere has safes in rentals nowadays.

We had an emergency sort of, one night...one of the guests aunt, a 90 plus year old lady lives a few blocks away and had a problem so she arrived umbrella and flashlight in hand and tried ringing bell. We did not answer as bell did not work,after some time she rang the owners bell, it was about 12 midnight. They questioned her extensively regarding her emergency etc. She told them bell did not work they said yeah they knew that. When she got to our third floor unit, the man asked if all was okay and we replied yes a sort of emergency but all is okay. He left in a huff. Next day he made mention of it as a hassle and stated the elderly woman scared his child, mind you she is 90 years plus and frail about 90 pounds. If doorbell worked or if there had been an intercom as there should this would not occur. Again poor arrangements and management. The whole thing was handled very untactful.

Parking is on street so let us just say we found it best to leave car parked the entire time.
We made the unit work and with some attention to detail it could be quite nice. The attitude and lack of attention to renters etc. advises me to tell others maybe to look for other accommodations despite the good location. There are other rentals in area, might I add. Not sure on my friends but I know I will not be renting here again..too many issues, too little concern from owners. Sadly my expectations were obviously higher than this renter can offer. I do not like to feel I am bothering someone when paying to stay someplace.

I also do not like when an elderly person is in almost hysterics and has emergency and is treated like a criminal and bother. The poor woman was ready for a heartattack.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere..
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank bezerk
Reviewed 18 June 2015

When visiting our daughter in NY, we always got hotels. With her NYU Masters graduation and with a son coming in from Istanbul, we needed 2 bedrooms. My daughter spotted this one for the location and boy was she right.
Jamie made everything easy-from the booking, to the greeting on arrival, to the spotless apartment, it was wonderful. Everything was in the neighborhood that we needed-from the park across the street, to the subway line on the corner, to the stores and restaurants all around....
even the waterfront is within walking distance.
It couldn't have been easier.
This was just a wonderful experience-great neighborhood, great owners.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank msbaileyhoover
Reviewed 26 April 2015

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Carroll Gardens House, and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. From the first contact, Jamie was incredibly professional and friendly, and booking was a breeze. We arrived to a beautifully clean, very spacious apartment with a lovely sunny kitchen, a very nice bathroom (great shower pressure!) and two comfortable bedrooms. The peace and quiet was disrupted only by birds each morning; it's great to be able to come back to a quiet neighbourhood away from the hustle and bustle. Before arrival, Jamie emailed a most useful list of things to do/restaurants to try, etc. and though we consider ourselves to be pretty experienced travellers who like looking into things by ourselves, her list was absolutely perfect. Of the four nights we stayed at CGH, we ate at three of the recommended restaurants just a quick walk from the apartment, and couldn't have been happier with our choices. Having been to NYC many times before, I would say that the highlight of this particular trip was staying in Brooklyn for the first time! We will most certainly be back -- especially now that our eldest daughter will be studying at NYU. Thanks so much for everything, Jamie! Hope to see you again very soon!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank totontogirl
Reviewed 9 December 2014

Fantastic area, fantastic building (classic brownstone), fantastic views (Manhattan and downtown Brooklyn).…
For the price, I don’t think we could have done much better. Our only regret was not having more time to explore the neighbourhood. We stayed here for a week in the UK October half term, which corresponded with Halloween, so things were especially lively.
There were some niggles - none of which would stop us staying here again, but which meant that I couldn’t give the property 5/5. One was that having paid extra for a 5th person (to sleep on a blow-up bed), we had only 4 dining chairs. I’d have asked for a 5th if this was a huge problem, but we hardly ate in - still, I feel we shouldn’t have had to ask. The kitchen equipment was also not brilliant – not much of it, and items lacking that I would consider fairly standard. Secondly, the owner was also not always on the ball re getting back to us before and during the stay (to confirm deposits, replacement of punctured airbed etc), and caused a mild panic by mixing up our check-out date! Lastly, it felt as if the apartment was starting to need a general overhaul - the rugs in particular were grubby and some of the plug sockets didn’t feel safe (although my husband says this is often the case in the States!).

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family