“HMMMMM”
Review of The Condor Hotel

The Condor Hotel
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a boutique hotel. Rooms are clean and modern and the staff is friendly. BUT I cannot figure out why this hotel is where it is...which is in the middle of nowhere. Most of the area is an industrial area and it is a 10 minute walk to the Flushing subway station. It is a good 1/2 hour walk to the Brooklyn Bridge. There are no restaurants in the immediate area. Breakfast is included which is the same as what you would get at a Best Western. NYC cabs do not have a clue where this hotel is.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank winnie a
Mordy S, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you Winnie for taking the time to write. On your next visit be sure to try SoCo, Wally's Square Root Café and/or Castro's Mexican. These are just some of the highly rated restaurants on nearby Myrtle Avenue.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Full disclosure...they were heavily booked and upgraded me to a deluxe room at no charge. I didn't see the smaller room that I paid for, but still.

We all know the drill in NYC...you're stuck with overpriced and old feeling behemoth hotels, wildly expensive trendy boutique hotels or weird places with shared bathrooms that are inexpensive but have more in common with youth hostels.

When I go to NYC, I usually stay in New Jersey and drive over to the city. I have never stayed in Brooklyn or any other borough than Manhattan. The Condor has made me change my mind.

The price, for a quality boutique hotel with breakfast was incredible at $139 plus tax. I stayed in a boutique hotel courtesy of an advertising partner that was over $450 a night.

The room was much larger that the average NY hotel. The deluxe room had a small kitchenette area with microwave and fridge. Room controls and decor were all modern and up to date (not always the case in NYC). The staff was actually very friendly...a great bunch of people.

The bed was great with wonderful pillows and a new mattress.

Flat screen television was in the room with many channels.

The location felt very safe. This is in an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood of Brooklyn.

Parking was all right with plenty of street parking and a lot if street parking was full.

I was working in Brooklyn, but if you want to get to Manhattan, both subways and the Brooklyn Bridge are an easy walk.

I'm sure that the price is higher for peak vacation times, but Condor will be at the top of my list when I next have to visit the city.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street. There was a fair amount of street noise and this is only a 5...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Laser_Tag_Guy

Thank you for such a detailed and helpful review. We look forward to hosting you again. (And remember, with current TripAdvisor special offer you save 10% off our rates even during peak periods.)

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I found the hotel to be a refreshing change to the many other hotels in this price range. The modern decor was great. I also found the staff to be extremely courteous and helpful. Wish they had a printer attached to the open access computer and also wish they had some protein (like eggs, instead of mostly carbs) for breakfast. Parking can also be a bit tricky, until you get the system and timing down (what times you can and cannot park on each side of the street). Would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to others.

Room Tip: Stayed in two different rooms (on two different occasions). Both were great.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KennetteR
Mordy S, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you Kennette for taking the time to write. We really appreciate all feedback, positive and constructive, especially from repeat guests like yourself. We are constantly modifying our breakfast offerings based on guest feedback and will definitely take your feedback into account. I am also glad to report that we now offer parking in a secured lot across the street from the hotel for $17.21 + tax per night so you don't have to learn New York's street cleaning rules... We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Absolutely loved it! Great staff, beyond comfy bed, impeccable rooms, accessible parking lot...who could ask for anything more. I will most definitely return and reccommend the Condor highly.

Room Tip: Any room would be to your liking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chelle A

Thank you Chelle for taking the time to write. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed here with my fiancee in October 2011 for two weeks and have no faults at all. The hotel is new and modern, the rooms are clean, beds are comfy and the service as absolutely top notch. Everyone was really helpful at the hotel and took care of everything for us.

The location itself is really great. It's not a "toursity" part of Brooklyn and is a very Jewish area which was cool as there are lots of amazing Jewish bakeries about and stores selling all kinds of interesting stuff. Within 20 minutes walk you have Mexican areas, Latino areas and of course the trendy cafe, bar, dining and independent shopping scene of Williamsburg. Public transport is a cinch with the G line being 10 mins walk away.

I actually ran out of USD and wasn't able to give a tip at the end and felt so bad - rest assured, next time I'm in NYC I'll be staying at Condor again and will make sure I have some spare $ on hand!

Highly, highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul K

Thank you Paul for taking the time to write. We are glad you were able to get to know our neighborhood on this trip and we hope to see you back soon! Rest assured that while our staff appreciate tips it is by no means required. We are just glad you had a great stay and took the time to share your experience with others.