“Excellent”
Review of SOCO

SOCO
Reserve with OpenTable
SOCO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #287 of 5,534 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ryerson & Grand
Description: Southern Fused Cuisine
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

I've been hearing so much about this restaurant that I had to try it. Although I specifically came for th waffles and chicken it was a little disappointing. The chicken by itself was fabulous and the waffles by themselves were great but the combination was nothing spectacular. What I really enjoyed was the jambalaya. The service was great but it helped a lot that we had a reservation. Without a reservation you'd be waiting forever.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Wet there for my birthday brunch. At first she told us 30 minutes to wait for a table. We went back to ask how long, she says not too long. Next thing you know the place starts getting packed and there is hardly any place to stand. After waiting for 1 1/2 hour we were seated. The food wasn't worth the wait. The wings were bland. The omelette was that great either. The only thing that tasted good was the Mac and cheese. I will not be going back; I don't think they should lie about the wait time, it's ridiculous. No comes to offer anything for the long wait or comes to apologize.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Really good food! Great dinner and drinks spot. Went around 11pm, great crowd and music! Friendly staff!!!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Service was great. Food real good. Had the blackened salmon. Others had the chicken waffle and NY strip. All were good. Small and intimate.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival the staff said it would be an approximate wait of 45 minutes. They actually seated us in roughly 30 minutes. So needless to say our visit started off well.Now,once we were seated is where things went haywire.The seating arrangements were very cramped.Like most restaurants they start u off with a glass of water.The water was very warm as to discourage you from drinking water with your meal.My wife and I ordered the chicken and waffles with a side order of Mac and cheese.My wife wanted a glass of sweet tea and I wanted a glass of lemonade.Each beverage cost $5 which is ridiculously overpriced!Our order took a very long time ,when it came it
looked delicious.The chicken was good,the red velvet waffle was good and the Mac and cheese was delicious but it was a whopping $11 which again is totally overpriced for a side.The staff in its entirety were very good,they were very attentive but not overbearing.Overall it was an average experience however I will not be goin back for a second visit.