“Never again ”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #3,845 of 6,646 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped in here for lunch on our way out of Brooklyn.. People have told us not to eat here but we thought it couldn't be that bad. The service was terrible and the food wasn't great either! It wasn't piping hot when it came out (we got the steak stir fry) and tasted like it had just been thrown in a microwave. And sat under the hot plate for a while. We had to call our server who's name I don't know because she didn't introduce herself just to get some waters and that was after already been sat down for 20 minutes! I work in a restaurant myself and the service we received was none really, not even a check back to see how we weren't enjoying our food. I won't be going to any Applebee's again!

1  Thank CL941

Reviewed 19 July 2016

It's alway empty and terribly understaffed. Just to get drinks will take you about 20 minutes and even longer than that to get your food. The management is absolutely terrible and the staff is ratchet, rude, uninformed, and completely unprofessional. Don't even think about calling for take out either, that takes even longer. Do yourself a favor and skip this location.

1  Thank ProfessorCool
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

I generally love Applebee's restaurant but this location was the worst that I've been to by far. My family of three went there for dinner on a Sunday afternoon when they were slow. The staff was just there kind of doing their own thing, Lallygagging around and not really being attentive. We were seated and quickly ordered our food and drinks. When I received my entrée, I made a commented to the waitress on the portion size of my steak and fries. The waitress brushed off my complaint with a lame excuse that steaks shrink in size when you cook them. It's wasn't my first time having a steak or eating at Applebee's and a medium rare steak can only shrink but so much. It was Sunday dinner so I wasn't going to argue the waitress and wreak dinner with my family so I just let it go. I then asked the waitress for A1 steak sauce to go with my steak when the waitress informed me that they were completely out of steak sauce. So many questions flew through my mind like "why when you tell me that when I ordered a steak"and "who eats a steak without steak sauce" but I just told her that I don't want a steak without steak sauce and to just take the food back. The waitress then went to the back and finally reappeared with a bottle of Heinz 57 steak sauce with a little bit left at the bottom. I'm not a fan of paying money to be stressed so needless to say I won't be going back.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

The service and drinks are the best at this Applebee's!!!!! The food is frozen an covered in sauces that are horrible! If you want to hang out and socialize with people its good but don't eat a meal!!! the servers are serious characters that are seeking love from the patrons. NOT TO GOOD!!!!!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2015

i read some reviews on this resto on other sites and the main issue is slow service.but since i love apllebee s i went just the same,when we get there they tell us it s a hour wait,my friend tells me lets wait just in case a group leaves .20 minutes into the wait we look inside and there s 4 table s empty and point it out to the hostess,she says regardless the wait is still 1 hour(20 min into wait) because the kitchen is backed up.so i tell my friend about the reviews and explain when we do sit down it ll probably be another hour so we left ,we told the hostess and the manager that we were leaving and weren t worried about it all.