“Best pre-game food in Brooklyn”
Review of Don Chingon

Don Chingon
Ranked #533 of 5,673 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Mexican munch that takes your tastebuds to a new level, make sure you try the Elote (corn) and the Maria Rojo cocktail, absolutely banging. Staff are super helpful and friendly too.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Very good guac & chips and the tempura fried avocado tacos were surprisingly good. The fish tacos was sadly inedible. It took us a mere 2 seconds to discern the pollack was way past its prime and we left it virtually untouched. Inexcusable. But you may sell me bad fish only once. Go ahead and rub salt in my wound by making me a watery margarita. I asked for a second ‘cause I naively thought a few pointers would rectify it. Oh but no. So I wouldn’t necessary trek her if I were you.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Particularly enjoyed the carne asada taco and the quesadillas. Great margaritas with fresh squeezed juice. Service was a little slow but the bartender Vic was very friendly.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

If you're going to the Barclay Center for an event and need a place to eat before or after, this place will work.

Prices are cool and the drinks were good.

I got Steak Quesadillas and they were excellent!

We didn't like salsa at all. You get three choices and they were all bad.

Also, it's a very small place. That's why I only gave them 3/5 but the spot def for the job done.

1  Thank travelerdub
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Really tasty food. Excellent tequila drinks. Server was really friendly. Restaurant is small but has nice decor. This is definitely up there for top Brooklyn Mexican food. I had a chicken burrito which was great and my friends had carne asada tacos. Guac as a starter is a must. Everyone was satisfied and the portions we're nice sized as well.

Been to Don Chingon? Share your experiences!