“Fusion at its Best”

Price range: US$18 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve Pacific Rim/Fusion and Italian Fusion. Open Friday night thru Sunday night. Daily scratch menu. Shopped and cooked fresh daily. By reservation. We have tried unsuccessfully to remedy this, but ... Do not use the "menu" tab to find menus, it is NOT the current menus. Go to the web site as we have a daily scratch menu (menu that changes daily) and our email is on the web page.
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

When you read the reviews of this restaurant are there many opinions. If there's not enough food you clearly play linebacker for an NFL team.
If you want food that is perfectly prepared and served with a great waitstaff this is your place.
Cleaver chopped wild shrimp puffs very similar to a fritter was the appetizer. Light fresh with incredible flavors. Salad Nicoise for the main course with perfectly prepared wild caught tuna.
Finished with a wonderful chocolate torte.
This is the best restaurant in Silver City, hands down!!

1  Thank Wine2go

Reviewed 22 July 2017

My wife and I visited 1ZERO6 last night and both enjoyed an absolutely delicious crab/shrimp/green chili/queso enchilada (served in the authentic flat, layered style using corn tortillas), covered in a fantastically rich, dark mole. It was remarkably delicious. Man! Hope the owner and chef, Jake, has it on the menu again soon (note: 1ZERO6 is open only for supper on Fri-Sat-Sun, and the menus are different every night and every week.)

The appetizer we chose - the 1ZERO6 rolls - was good, but not great. However, the dessert was something new: key lime cake, and it was delectable.

Note to out-of-towners: Reservations only!

3  Thank David G
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I was so looking forward to this meal. Made reservations 2 weeks in advance for 6 PM.
We arrived about 10 minutes early and was told we did not have a reservation. After reciting my e-mail exchange with Jake ( chef/owner ) we were seated. Out of 3 entrees on the menu we were told only two were available and we could not order the same one. So I ordered the Nam Tok Salad, my friend the Shrimp Pad Thai. The beef on my salad was very tasty. The green beans soggy, the rice underwhelming. The shrimp on the pad thai were delicious, the noodles and sauce were kind of unbalanced flavor wise. Maybe the bold flavors were just not for us. Throughout the meal the chef was berating his server/host as we got to listen in. Does it get any more unprofessional? Also a table of 6 was seated about 20 minutes after us and were served ahead of us. The chef being a prima donna doesn't always work out for the guest. I would never go back.

1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I ordered the glazed salmon and received a plate with a small portion of perfectly cooked salmon with a very light glaze. The only side I got was a moderate portion of plain white rice, seasoned only with salt and five 1/4 inch wide squares of red pepper. No salad, no bread, just some strange dry Asian crackers on the table.

1  Thank BuddhistProfessor
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This past weekend, my wife and I had the pleasure of going to 1zero6 for dinner on Friday AND Saturday evenings. Unfortunately, we are in the process of relocating to Los Alamos, NM, so these visits will be the last for a while, until we get back to savor more of Jake's cuisine.

Friday night, I had the chicken breast with an apple/currant sauce that was really good. Saturday, I had one of my favorites: chilled noodles with chicken in a peanut sauce with pork satay appetizer. OMG! I LOVE THAT STUFF! Both nights, we were having dinner with friends that we were saying goodbye to. The previous weekend, we were there with another couple who we will miss, too.

All three nights were excellent. Jake's place is very unique. It's decor is something you will not find elsewhere and the ambiance is very enjoyable. Jake brings to his place an atmosphere of sharing because he cooks for his "peeps", as he calls his customers who, most often, are also friends. Now, Jake and I have been friends for many years, more than a decade. He is a character, a very soft hearted and kind character. He does many things for many people in Silver City that he keeps quiet about because he does it out of kindness not a need for recognition or accolades.

I am extremely sad to be leaving my friend and his fine restaurant. No more licking the bowl of chocolate filling after he's made his famous chocolate torts. Well, not no more, just no more for a while. I will be back to visit and will be sure to get there around 2pm when he's making the torts. Jake has taught me much about cooking and, while I attempt to duplicate his skills in my own kitchen, I am not anywhere near the level of cook that he is.

So, if you've not been to 1zero6 or haven't been in a while, make it a point to get on in there for some good food, good ambiance, and other good people to talk with. When's the last time you were in a restaurant where customers at one table talk with others at another table? Or go into the kitchen throughout the evening to talk with Jake and tell him how much they enjoyed the meal? Jake is a one man operation in the kitchen. He does it all and he does it from scratch. There are no big Sysco trucks pulling up to his restaurant nor are there microwave ovens in his kitchen. Every night is a new menu; every weekend is a new set of menus.

Jake, you're the best!...and I will miss you terribly! Slainte!

3  Thank USCgrad1978