“A World-Class Lasagne”

Price range: US$18 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve Pacific Rim/Fusion and Italian Fusion. Open Friday night thru Sunday night. Daily scratch menu. Shopped and cooked fresh daily. By reservation. We have tried unsuccessfully to remedy this, but ... Do not use the "menu" tab to find menus, it is NOT the current menus. Go to the web site as we have a daily scratch menu (menu that changes daily) and our email is on the web page.
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Even in a town with such surprisingly diverse and outstanding eateries, 1Zero6 stands out for both its quality and uniqueness and is one of our favorite spots when visiting town. It is located in a small historic storefront on the edge of the downtown with an odd mix of Latin and East Indian decorations.

There is no regular set menu, but rather on Thursday night Chef Jake posts on his website the entrees for the weekend (typically 3 or 4 different dishes each night). The food is a mix of Mexican, Southeast Asian, East Indian, and Italian dishes and styles (often with inventive twists). Despite the range of dishes and styles, the quality has always been outstanding.

During our most recent visit this weekend, I had the Lasagne Bolognese. This was a thick generous helping of one of the best lasagnes I have ever had. It had a hearty filling of minced beef, carrots, and pancetta, layered between fresh pasta sheets and cheeses with a rich white cream sauce. When it arrived at the table, I was the envy of those sitting around me. The serving was generous - which was fortunate as my table mates kept stealing bites. Luckily, my girlfriend was equally pleased with her Bistecca & Pasta. Her steak was cooked perfectly and was nicely balanced by the side of pasta.

One repeating item that is usually available (and not to be missed) is the famous Oaxacan chocolate torte for dessert. It is served as a pie-like slice and consists of a rich dark bittersweet chocolate filling that is somewhere between a mousse and a cheesecake served on a light flaky pie crust. It is richly decadent without being too overly sweet. The drink menu is an eclectic mix of sake, wine, and local and South America beer.

Be aware that they are only open for dinner and only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Given the small size (6 tables and typically only one server), you will definitely want to make your reservations in advance.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Xeronaut

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This isn't a drop-in type of restaurant, in that you need to make reservations and specify your meal in advance. We had heard good things, but had not actually visited until last night. The service was welcoming and personal, without being in any way intrusive. We were able to have a conversation with our dinner companions, as conversations from other tables and background music were not at all overpowering. The food was plentiful, exceptional, unusual, and delicious. I am so glad that we finally were able to dine here, in this charming restaurant that plays a lovely part in having turned Silver City into a town with a variety of delightful culinary options.

Date of visit: September 2017
2  Thank Silvercitysam
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

When you read the reviews of this restaurant are there many opinions. If there's not enough food you clearly play linebacker for an NFL team.
If you want food that is perfectly prepared and served with a great waitstaff this is your place.
Cleaver chopped wild shrimp puffs very similar to a fritter was the appetizer. Light fresh with incredible flavors. Salad Nicoise for the main course with perfectly prepared wild caught tuna.
Finished with a wonderful chocolate torte.
This is the best restaurant in Silver City, hands down!!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Wine2go
Reviewed 22 July 2017

My wife and I visited 1ZERO6 last night and both enjoyed an absolutely delicious crab/shrimp/green chili/queso enchilada (served in the authentic flat, layered style using corn tortillas), covered in a fantastically rich, dark mole. It was remarkably delicious. Man! Hope the owner and chef, Jake, has it on the menu again soon (note: 1ZERO6 is open only for supper on Fri-Sat-Sun, and the menus are different every night and every week.)

The appetizer we chose - the 1ZERO6 rolls - was good, but not great. However, the dessert was something new: key lime cake, and it was delectable.

Note to out-of-towners: Reservations only!

Date of visit: July 2017
3  Thank David G
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I was so looking forward to this meal. Made reservations 2 weeks in advance for 6 PM.
We arrived about 10 minutes early and was told we did not have a reservation. After reciting my e-mail exchange with Jake ( chef/owner ) we were seated. Out of 3 entrees on the menu we were told only two were available and we could not order the same one. So I ordered the Nam Tok Salad, my friend the Shrimp Pad Thai. The beef on my salad was very tasty. The green beans soggy, the rice underwhelming. The shrimp on the pad thai were delicious, the noodles and sauce were kind of unbalanced flavor wise. Maybe the bold flavors were just not for us. Throughout the meal the chef was berating his server/host as we got to listen in. Does it get any more unprofessional? Also a table of 6 was seated about 20 minutes after us and were served ahead of us. The chef being a prima donna doesn't always work out for the guest. I would never go back.

Date of visit: June 2017