“poor service, cold food, and nasty soda (get this it was in a can)”
Review of Grandma's Cafe - CLOSED

Grandma's Cafe
Reviewed 28 December 2015

ok so it's a small town and we are looking for breakfast. We see this on the main drag. Grandmas (brings back memories of good home cookin right?) I don't think grandma was in that day. The kid was more interested in his phone then anything else. the soda he gave us was in a can, which isn't that big a deal until you open it and it tastes like soap and metal. it is assumed that grandma cuts corners and bought expired soda (I didn't know that it expires but I guess....) When I said I can't drink this just give me a glass of water. So he did. Get this he charged us for the soda anyway. You have to ask for jelly for your toast and then it comes in this globby mess of a container (that someone else no doubt has already been in and it looked like it). I know I and my friend were sick the rest of the day. Don't stop here.

1  Thank kilgorerena

Reviewed 3 December 2015

Last November I visited my wife (at Silver City, NM). One morning we decided to have breakfast at Granma's Cafe. Good service but the coffee was too light. Try huevos rancheros (New Mexico style)...

Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

We usually go to the badly and rarely rated places that look like small hole in the wall places only to find diamonds in the haystack. So we went here... Starving.

This is probably the first time I'm truly disappointed.

The service was good.

The can of soda was older than me. We each got a breakfast plate. The egg was perfectly over medium (as anyone of that sort of egg knows that's tough). However it tasted like ancient oil and I fear the egg itself was as experienced. And the hashbrowns were almost as old as the (rusty) can of soda. It even tasted like tin.

Had I not been starving I might not have been able to eat.

1  Thank Rene M
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Not a great choice. Tired old run of the mill place. My husband wanted biscuits and gravy but they were out of biscuits so they served gravy on toast and it was thick white paste. We will never go back.

1  Thank VJousan
Reviewed 10 September 2015

I've been eating breakfast here once in a while for many years. It was always well done. Good service, Clean and priced well. My last visit the prices had gone up, but the quality had gone down. It cost over $12 for a simple bacon, eggs, toast, and coffee. Bacon not cooked well. Egg whites runny. Coffee unremarkable. Sorry to see this happen.

2  Thank westernmouse