El Gallo Pinto
Ranked #45 of 80 Restaurants in Silver City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 July 2016

The service was admirable. The food was decent. One thing I noticed on the menu was the automatic gratuity for tables of 5 or more. It was my parents, my fiancé, my nephew and myself. They counted my 2 year old nephew as a person even though we didn't order him a full meal. They charged $1.50 for a glass of water. Yes, water. I order water to avoid additional costs. They also charged for refills of water. They charge for everything. It was not worth the money that we paid. I guess there's experiences you gotta learn from.

1  Thank dldgeek
SGO901, Owner at El Gallo Pinto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

I regret that your dining experience was less than admirable and regret even more that your comments are suspiciously incorrect. We DO NOT charge for water (never have, never will) nor do we charge for ice tea refills. We do charge for fountain drink refills. The '15% gratuity for a table of 5 or more' is standard on many menus and we HAVE NEVER practiced it. We also include on our menu a 'Children's Menu' section.

Of your 54 tripadvisor posts, 53 of them are regarding amusement parks throughout the country and my business is the ONLY restaurant upon which you have commented. IF we egregiously erred during the day of your visit, let me know the day and the approximate time and we will review the tickets and I can assure you that any errors or mischarges will be promptly corrected, with apologies.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

This looks like a walkup fast taco stand but it is a sit down diner with slow service, at least on the day we were there. I had excellent red chili bowl my wife a chili relleno which was average.

SGO901, Owner at El Gallo Pinto, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2016

Your comments are well noted and appreciated. I regret that your experience was less than favorable. We're beyond the holiday season slowness and now better staffed. We are reviewing your relleno concern as it is one of our signature dishes. Again thanks for input.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Talk about great hospitality! The food was great and the owner/cook came out of his way to say hello and asked how everything was! great food!

Thanks for your thumbs up. We strive for quality and consistency and there is no better way of knowing without asking!

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

As locals, we are of course very picky. This is our favorite brunch place now! The food takes a little longer to get but that's because they make it fresh. It is so worth the wait!

Am grateful for your comments. I share these comments with the staff as a reminder that you the satisfied customer keeps us in business. Thanks again

Reviewed 9 October 2015

This was by far the best breakfast we have had here. We are going back again tomorrow. Friendly owner, attentive staff and Clean, Clean ,Clean, which means a lot to us. Great food, good prtions and attentive staff. Can't say enough about the friendliness!