“Good coffee--and I don't like coffee!”
Review of Bean Vivant

Bean Vivant
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Description: Thank you New Mexico for voting us Silver City's Best Coffee (New Mexico Magazine, March 2016)! Our concept is to be a 'coffee roast house' where we roast exceptional and diverse coffees from around the world and sell them bagged or brewed. We are Silver City's first specialty coffee nano-roaster and also a drive-up coffee stand. We also offer raw/vegan/gluten-free brownies, super-premium ice cream and mega muffins.
Reviewed 13 September 2016

I was given a free coffee ticket when I retired at the end of the school year. Since I really don't care for coffee that much, I held on to it until one day last week when I was really sleepy, tired and almost grouchy. I drove up, presented my now 3-month old "freebie" ticket, explained my preference--not too sweet, not strong, not too rich--and they gave me a wonderful iced drink that REALLY did the trick! I revived, and will go back for more!

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Will be going back, great new place for tea and coffee. Hard to find in a small city. They know their product. Prices are great as well

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Great little coffee shop located in Silver City, New Mexico. Just what I needed for an afternoon pick me up. Great barista and very knowledgable

Reviewed 21 May 2016

You need to go here. Excellent coffee and espresso.

I am working in Silver City for the next couple of months. I was looking for a coffee shop where I can get a nice cup of coffee on the way to the airport in the morning. My daughter happened to come down with her family to camp the first day I was in town.

I told her we should find a coffee shop. She said there is one nearby but it doesn’t seem to be open. Looks as if it is closed down.

So, we went downtown to a different one.

Ok, I say all of that to let you know that the Bean Vivant is NOT closed, although you can hardly tell that from driving by. It is nice enough on the outside, it is just that for some reason it has that “not open” appearance.

I am sure glad that the next time I went past it I stopped by just to be sure. It is indeed open and they have excellent coffee!

It is drive up only, which is fine with me as I just want to get to work.

The first morning I gave Chelsea my order, a quad Americano with heavy cream. She suggested that I try it with their fresh coffee (they refer to it as “fast” coffee) instead of the water that the Americano usually comes with. I decided to take her up on it and boy am I happy that I did. It is excellent! The coffee blend was Brazil.

The only problem is that they didn’t have heavy cream, only half and half. I am on the Atkins diet so I was somewhat disappointed.

The next morning I had her make it the same way for me. She told me they had a different blend of coffee made up this morning, Congo. Wow, I liked it even better than the Brazil!

This morning I pulled in and she told me the blend today was Columbia and wanted to know if I wanted to try it. Certainly I did! It is also excellent! Just as good as the Congo. However, she had a surprise for me! She had gone out and gotten the heavy cream for me! Is that service or what!

Did I mention that they roast their own coffee? Brian and Chelsea are the proprietors and they are very nice people. A pleasure to do business with.

You can get great coffee here and get your morning started with Chelsea’s very pleasant personality. You will not be disappointed! Closed on Sunday, open all other days.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Two of the friendliest and informed roasters I have met. They explained how they mad their coffee,where it comes from,and how it's roasted. I was impressed with them and their coffee. it was GREAT. Convenient location and quick service or not it depends on how long of a brew you pick. Full of flavor and great aroma. Definitely a must stop for anyone who wants interesting conversation and a good cup of joe.