“Antelope Canyon photo tour”

Adventurous Antelope Canyon Photo Tours
Ranked #12 of 43 Tours in Page
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing quality guiding services into Slot canyon(s) from sightseeing tours to photographic tours. Canyons include The Upper Antelope Canyon and the ONLY tour operator that tours into Owl, Rattlesnake, and Mountain Sheep Canyon.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The tour was arranged by a tour group. My husband and I had a great time. Presley was our fantastic guide, instructing us on how to use our cameras on our phones for the best photos. He also took many lovely pics for us on our phones. Only problem was the old army truck they transported us in...it was open air cold and noxious diesel fumes.

Aacpt_302, Director of Marketing at Adventurous Antelope Canyon Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hello and Thank you for sharing your experience with AACPT. AACPT does appreciate your feedback and is glad that you enjoyed your tour with our guide Presley. Presley is a great guide, he is very informative and has a great sense of humor, I will let him know that he is doing a great job. I am do apologize about the diesel fumes it does get very bad at times and i'm sorry that you had to endure that. Thank you again for the feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)
All reviews
"take pictures"
in 57 reviews
"small group"
in 36 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 16 reviews
"awesome guide"
in 15 reviews
"knew where"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Let me say first of all that we had a very good experience on our tour with a wonderful guide who I believe was Nathan. He made sure we got all the good shots with our cameras. He was knowledgeable and entertaining.
BUT, dealing with the office was a nightmare. We bought our tickets two months in advance and were happy to get them. All other tours were full. After being quoted one price and taking our credit card info, we were informed through email that their prices had gone up and we would now be paying an extra $11. When my friend called to complain that they should not be requiring a price change for customers who were booked at the original price, she was rudely told by Damon, "You do not have to be out customers." Nice way to ingratiate your customers!
We drove from St. George, Utah. We called as soon as we realized that we would be 5 minutes late. They require that you be there 45 minutes early to register and wait around, we would be there only 40 minutes early. A totally unsympathetic woman on the phone told us our reservations would be canceled. How horrible is that? After driving for 2 1/2 hours, they were cancelling our reservation. We expected, "Thanks for calling and letting us know, we will see you when you get here," but no, she would not listen to reason. She told us they have this policy for a reason and it was our tough luck.
We continued on our way anyway, and did arrive what we thought was 5 minutes late. The woman at the window registering us, gave us the original price we were quoted, not the new higher price and gave us no trouble about being 5 minutes late. So the whole intimidation by office staff, causing us stress, was not a problem when we arrived.
We waited around for 40 minutes, until we realized that we were not 5 minutes late, but 55 minutes early because the company goes by Phoenix time, not Page time. When we called to ask that exact question earlier we were told they go by Page time. So be warned, the company does not observe daylight savings time and will be on a time schedule 1 hour earlier than Page. It would have been nice if this was mentioned in the paperwork and not misinforming people on the phone.Be aware also, that you may be riding to the canyon in the back of a truck on wooden benches. Luckily we got to ride in a nice Suburban. Keep in mind that the tour was good, the office staff just needs to learn a few things about customer service.

1  Thank Nancy S

Hello and Thank you for sharing your experience with AACPT. AACPT does appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately I am sorry for the inconvenience and the unnecessary stressed that was caused. We did change the prices in March but if you reserved before then there would be no price change. On our website under FAQ's page it does state we run on MST and do not observe daylight savings time, thanks for warning everyone else. Again sorry about the the stressed that was caused, but we do thank you for the positive remarks of our guide Nathan, I will let him know that he is doing a great job. Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I arrived on-site 56 minutes before our tour was set to leave. I was “greeted” by two employees asking if we had a reservation. I said yes, and one immediately responded “you are late” and I should proceed to check in right away.

As I approached the check-in window I was confronted by a heated Noreen, the on-site manager. She said I was late and they had been paging me wondering where I was. I politely pointed out the time and it was now 55 minutes before the tour was supposed leave. I asked her what the problem was if I was supposed to be there checked-in 45 minutes ahead of time. Noreen replied that my reservation would be cancelled if I wasn’t checked-in 45 minutes ahead of time. Yes, I can read the bold letters on my online reservation confirmation, “You must arrive 45 minutes in advance of the tour time. If you do not arrive 45 minutes in advance your reservation is cancelled.” I rolled my eyes and again pointed out the time and that I was still early and proceeded to the check-in window. I was not the only customer questioning why Noreen was so fired up over “late” customers who were not really late.

The check-in process itself was uneventful. I was checked-in 50 minutes before the tour was supposed to leave, well before the doomsday 45 minute cutoff they have imposed on their customers. The person checking me in said I could mill around and to come back to the awning area 15 minutes before the tour was supposed to leave for a group briefing.

Great! All that high-stress and now I can sit around for the next 35 minutes and do nothing.

Thirty-five minutes later the group gathered for the group briefing. Noreen proceeds to tell all the children to get in the front of the group so she could see them. She tells them to behave themselves, and if they don’t, she has instructed her tour guides to immediately remove the children and the group they’re in from Upper Antelope Canyon. Now that’s diplomacy. She also inferred most people find children annoying; another reason they better behave themselves.

Now that Noreen is done with her condescending rant directed at the children, it’s time for the entire group, adults included, for some patronizing. Noreen speaks to the adults as if they are children as well, requiring everyone to repeat the number one rule for the tours twice: stay with your guide! This felt more like a grade school field trip briefing than a professional briefing one would expect after paying good money for this tour.

Bottom line: Upper Antelope Canyon is spectacular. This tour company is not. There are several more on site to choose from (this company is not on site) that hopefully treat their customers with more respect. After all, you couldn’t be treated much worse than how Adventurous Antelope Canyon Photo Tours treats their customers.

2  Thank navinrjohnsonsr
Aacpt_302, Director of Marketing at Adventurous Antelope Canyon Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hello and Thank you for sharing your experience with AACPT. AACPT does appreciate your feedback, most importantly sharing your opinion. AACPT does have policies in place like any other business establishment would and one of them is arriving 45 minutes prior for check-in, we have been doing this for quite some time and have experienced alot within that time. The 45 minute check in policies was put into place because we are 7 miles east of Page and being out of town it give guests time to find us. We have seen late guests rushing to check in and we've seen guests not show up, these our are business practices just as a hotel would. I really don't see a problem with our 45 check in policy, however I do apologize for the heated conversation. Please do know we are not patronizing, the "condescending rant", is for the better sake of our operations. Like I stated before we've experienced some events in past, therefore we created these policies today and that does include observing your children, trust me children do need to be observed. Norena goes over these polices for the better sake of the tour company and you as an individual taking the tour, she is doing a great job. We are the experts in this industry and don't really see a problem with the polices in place. I do hope you enjoyed your tour also hope that you got some great photos. Thank you for your opinionated review.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We are a group of friends who like travel and taking photos. We booked this photo tour with very high expectations. The canyon is beautiful, but we are all quite disappointed by the service provided by the company. The first disappointment came at the ticket window. When we arrived, we went straight to the ticket window. There was a long line. Everyone from our group joined the line when a staff came over and told us to have one person in the line while asking the rest to go to a nearby table to sign the waiver. After 20 minutes in the line, I finally got to the window. The lady inside the window told me that she needed to check the equipment from everyone. I turned around, and waved my friends over. It took us probably a couple of minutes to gather back at the window. The lady said that we had to go back to the end of the line and start over. I tried to explain to her that it was her staff who told us not to stay in line, but she didn't even let me finish and yelled at me. She even made some inappropriate remarks about us to other tourists while we were waiting in the line. I didn't make a big deal out of it because I didn't want to ruin the day to the rest of my group. We waited in line for another 15 minutes. I found the staff who told us to leave the line, and complained. She was nice and apologized. But the damage was already done.
Now the tour. It was quite rushed. We were led to a spot, set up the camera, and waited for a long time for the crowd to clear. We then had about 2-3 minutes to shoot. We probably shot from 6 different spots in the first two caves. We never went beyond. In many places, the tourists were not cleared in the background. Flash lights and red lights from their cameras can be seen in our photos. After 1 hour and 10 minutes, the guide led us back to the bus, saying that it was too crowded and it would be a waste of time to stay and take more photos. Everyone from my group felt really unsatisfied. The total time from when we got on the bus to when we got off was 1 hour 50 minutes.
By the way, we took the 10:15am tour. At around 11am, the light came through and we did see the shaft of light. It was quite remarkable. Unfortunately most of my photos were ruined by the flash lights in the background because the crowed was not cleared.
With the money they charge and the service they provide, I have to give them just one star. Sorry about that.

1  Thank Trip4Mi

Hello and Thank you for sharing your experience with AACPT. AACPT does appreciate your feedback, however I am sorry for the experience you received during your visit. I have spoke to the operations manager, unfortunately I am sorry during the holiday weekend it can get very busy in the canyon and as well at our business location. However we have decided on other ways of fixing this problem so it does not occur again. The times for the tour are approximate and we have changed this on all our print media, it does vary on the tour size so some tours can be done quicker with only two guest as compared to a group of eight. Some areas in the canyon aren't easy to clear people out and i do apologize, it can get very crowded. Thank you again for the feedback, we are doing our best to fix these problems.