All reviewscontinental breakfastfront deskhot tubneeded a place to staynew carpetinglocal bakeryroom was spaciousnice view of the lakewifi worked wellenglish muffinfresh fruitsized bedstayed one nightwould stay againmini fridgegreat place to staycereal
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Don't let the attractive exterior fool you. Rooms have not been updated for decades. There is no coffee pot or microwave in the rooms. Positives...my travel companions enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. The front desk attendant was friendly with a good sense of humor. The view of the lake was nice. Finally, the off season pricing was very affordable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2017

My wife and I had stayed here 7ish years ago, and had no issues then. We tried to stay here last summer, but they overbooked and we ended up staying elsewhere with a voucher for two free nights. So we tried again this year, and they had our reservation, but the room looked like they hadn't cleaned it since we last stayed in 2009. Lots of stains on the carpet, whirlpool tub was chipped and the tiles were falling off...the ceiling above clearly had water/moisture damage. The bed didn't seem too terrible, but not very comfortable. We were woken up in the middle of the night by what I believe were branches scraping the outside wall in the wind. We tried turning the heater vent on to drown it out, but it sounded like it needed an oil change. That's the only way I can describe that sound. We ended up at the Best Western just down the beach for our...much much nicer. The worst part is when I went to check out and told the front desk guy our problems, he clicked a few times and said, "You're checked out." No apology, nothing, just that.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank burhooo
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Has been about 10 years since we stayed at Aspen Lodge. Was fairly new and well kept up then. Lodge is showing it's age. Not much has changed in those 10 years..carpet, bedspreads, breakfast spread. Bathroom tile could be a bit cleaner. Carpets cleaned, if not replaced. Pool was shut down, due to contamination. Said that morning, but am wondering. What do you do with 4 kids and no pool in the evening?? The family suites have a mini fridge and a small microwave. None of the rooms have coffee makers. You can get coffee in the front lobby. Probably will stay again. A place to put our weary heads after a long day of running around the North Shore.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017

$150 dollars per night not worth it.
I wish I had seen these reviews before my brother and I signed up for this trip. I have stayed in better Super 8 hotels than this place. Where does one start? The hallway and room carpets were stained and unraveling. There is no coffee maker or microwave. Upon looking in their 3-ring binder it says this is due to fire codes. ??? The main furniture I do not think has been changed since the 70 or 80’s. The newer tv is a small one and the picture is even smaller. The refrigerator had a large gap on two sides letting cold air out. We had to turn it up high to keep things cold. The floor in the bathroom was so yellow. And there were chips in the tub.
When I sat on the bed I saw a small pile of feathers. Where did they come from? Later when I took a bed pillow and put it behind my head to watch t.v., a big puff of feather came from the pillow. There was a three-inch hole in the pillow. We set this aside.
The pool hours are until 10 pm. No adult only times.
Then next day I cut the back of my leg while in the hot tub. Either the tile was missing or chipped off. I went to the main desk so they would let the maintenance people know there is a problem. I was told I am sure they already know about it. We are just too busy to do anything. There was no - are you ok? Nothing!
We always leave a little something for the cleaning staff but this time we will not. We came back to find that they took care of the trash and gave us new towels. They did not make the beds or vacuum the floor. Remember the feathers??
We looked for a place to eat. There is no computer/phone connect in the rooms. We tried the lobby for a computer connection. Nothing there. So the staff member had to use his computer and print off information, one page per restaurant. He had no information about the restaurants in the area. We had to call each one. What a hassle.
Hot breakfast consisted of oatmeal with hot water, toast, and hot coffee. This was so bad we could not drink it. The donuts were very small and not tasty.
On our last day, my brother left so I put the latch on the door. When he came back and tried to come in it jammed up and I could not get it opened because the door was loose in the frame. Thankfully, I was able to wedge the door back so I could realign the latch and open it.
Again I say $150. per night not worth it!!!! I wish I could get my money back. But my brother paid the bill. He is nicer than I am I guess.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, This was the low of our trip. I have some photos but do not know how to post them from my camera.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ejcsw
Reviewed 30 August 2017

A group of us on a circle tour around the lake needed a place to stay for one night. this place was clean, the staff courteous. breakfast was fine, we felt safe and the view to the lake was not perfect but close enough

Room Tip: rooms on the lake side a quieter and you can hear the lake if you leave your window open
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple