“Life's a Bear”
Review of Elk Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Elk Springs Resort
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Life's a Bear is a great cabin. Directions provided by Elk Springs were on the spot. While this cabin is maintained by the resort, it was in a cul-de-sac with just 3 other cabins. Much more cozy than staying in what I call the "Lincoln Log villages". They're nice, but I enjoyed the cozier feeling. I received great customer service from Elk Springs and plan on using them again for a return visit. I've booked w/ other companies and they have been the best so far. I love that I didn't have to go to a main office to sign in or print out docs to sign and send back. Definitely recommend! Thank you!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This cabin (Knotty and Nice) was a wonderful cabin to stay in for a large family. (It was only 5 of us--and there was still PLENTY of room. It was clean, well equipped, and everything worked. The hot tub was clean. (they drain and clean it each stay) The grill was excellent. Check in/out was easy. (they call you with code to get in the cabin) The only complaints were the air hockey table was worn and the movie room equipment could be upgraded considering the fact that newer equipment isn't that expensive anymore. (the picture was kinda 'grainy') Otherwise it was a great vacation and we only wish could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We arrived on Dec. 29, 2011 and stayed in the cabin Mountain Flower. It was a very cozy cabin and the location was great. Upon on arriving the representative contacted us with our code and directions to the cabin in a very timely manner. The directions were right on and the representativewas very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and will recommend Elk Springs to everyone!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I can't say enough about our very positive experience with Elk Springs Resort. 3 generations of our family stayed in this wonderful cabin in the resort itself. Each of us had plenty of space and privacy. The cabin was clean and very well maintained. The outdoor fireplace was perfect to snuggle up to on a cool night. Loved the area including the closeness to the Arts & Crafts community. We enjoyed taking walks with the dogs and the kids had fun on the hills with their scooters and skate boards. We had previously stayed with another cabin rental company and the cabin was great, but the customer service was terrible. Elk Springs Resort staff were perfect and the check in so much easier than I have ever experienced before. We WILL be back!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Chalet D'Amour. This was our 3rd year to use their cabins and the 2nd in this cabin. The cabin was very clean and beautiful. Check in and out was easy. They had the xbox360 waiting for us as we requested. The hot tub, foosball table, & pool table were appreciated. They work hard to provide a lot of little thoughtful extras like dish detergent, detergent to wash clothes once, extra toilet paper, etc. The first 2 years I would have given them a 5; however, this year I had to mark them down for some false advertising. They have a message on their phone when you check out and the same message is posted on the fridge. It states that returning customers receive a 10% discount OVER AND ABOVE ANY OTHER SPECIALS. [found on their website: As a repeat visitor you get 10% off above and beyond any advertised special for all future stays. There are no restrictions on the repeat visitor discount. We appreciate your business and look forward to rewarding you for your future stay. Thank You!] For this trip, I purchased a Groupon discount. Even though we are clearly within their specifications for the 10% discount [no restrictions], they would not grant it & we didn't know this until we already purchased the Groupon. I hate that I sound like one of those people who whine about something that has made them personally mad with a company, but I do feel that returning customers need to know that this discount is not truly honored with no restrictions. [my reply from the company -with the Groupon Special we did not extend any additional discounts including the repeat guest discount]. I would say to check the fine print, but there was none, so please check with them prior to purchasing that you will truly receive all discounts that you find. I would have rated this stay a 5, but it isn't about the money at this point - it is about the principle. So frustrating!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bigmomma213116
elkspringsresort, General Manager at Elk Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2012

As one of the first guests to take advantage of our special offer there was some confusion at the time of booking regarding the repeat visitors. It didn't take us long to recognize this and credit you the 10%. As such we would appreciate it if you could update your review reflecting the credit. Aside from this, we're glad we were able to provide you the great service that you had experienced your prior 4 stays with us. There is no better feeling than getting a referral or repeat visitor. Thanks again and we appreciate the review!