“River Rest is the Best”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 'River Rest'

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Bamaallda...
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“River Rest is the Best”
Reviewed 2 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My wife and kids have been staying at this cabin for the past several years. Every year reminds us all why we return. The cabin is great. The remote location is perfect. The river is right out the back. I caught several trout (fly fishing). Boys caught small mouth bass. Hanging out on the river makes you forget time. (Lol) First morning a 6 point buck walk down the river. We all were on the porch watching. The second morning we saw a black bear. It's an incredible place. Cardinals all around. The cardinals Sit on the window ledges.
The owners are awesome. They keep the cabin clean, neat and so so cute. They are very easy to communicate with. We will be back.

Lindsay R
“Worst Experience Ever”
Reviewed 10 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

I have taken a few days to cool off before writing this review and I am still extremely angry. But, as promised to the owner, Amelia, I am going to attempt to be as fair and detailed as possible. We booked this cabin for my husband's birthday weekend. We arrive late Thursday night for our three night stay. We were exhausted and went straight to bed. The only thing we happened to do was to turn the kitchen sink on. With the turn of the knob, the entire bottom floor was completely overwhelmed with the smell of rotten eggs coming from the water. I was mortified because I remembered another reviewer here commenting about the water and Amelia replying that it would be fixed. I immediately emailed Amelia to ask if anything could be done and then we went to bed. The next morning, I awoke to a message from Amelia. Nothing could be done about the water. She told me that sometimes this happens when it rains. So my husband and I went out for the day, grabbed some bleach to put in the water to kill the smell (because what good is a giant jacuzzi tub if the water being filled into it makes you want to vomit?) and didn't arrive back until around 8:00.

We brought back food and I pulled plates out of the cabinets. They were covered in brown grime, which is what I now assume is residue left over from the water. I washed them twice, and each time I dried them, brown gunk was all over the paper towels. We opted to eat out of our to-go containers. After our meal, I attempted to do some work but was unable to connect to the internet because it was down. This is something I had explicitly asked Amelia about prior to our stay because I needed internet connection to complete my work. She had reassured me that the cabin had internet. No such luck.

For the next few hours, my husband and I tried everything we could think of to get rid of the smell in the water. We tried to run the water and sort of "flush out" the smell. We tried to run the jets to filter the water and more black stuff shot out of the jets. We tried using the bleach we bought, but nothing worked. Finally, I ran water in the tub and took a picture to show the owner. I have attached that picture here. The water was murky and dirty and disgusting. But as bad as the sight of the water was, the smell was so so so much worse. We finally gave up and messaged Amelia. She promised a full refund and we packed our bags and left after less than 24 hours of no shower, no drinking water, no internet, a cheap mattress, with the added bonus of dirty dishes that I hand-washed with rotten egg water.

Had we been given a full refund, as promised, my review here may have been much kinder. After all, the cabin itself is beautiful and is in a beautiful location on the river. However the dishonesty and lies are the real purpose of my anger. This was my husband's birthday weekend and we spent our whole first day just trying to make the cabin livable. Wifi was promised and not received. Clean, smell free water was promise and not delivered. Finally, a full refund was promised, only to be retracted the next morning. Saturday morning I received a text from Amelia that she would be taking out $55 for the cleaning fee. Whatever. Yet another lie. We were just happy to have some sort of refund to pay our new hotel bill. When she gave us the money, I again trusted her and did not count it. Pulling out of the parking lot, we realized the cash was $20 short of the amount again promised. I didn't count it before we left, and that was my own fault, but I guess after everything that had happened, I just didn't expect to be taken advantage of once again. Of course, Amelia denies that there was money missing.

Amelia has since promised to refund our $55 dollar cleaning fee and is supposed to be sending a check in the mail. At this point, I really don't even care if that money comes. I just don't want another couple's weekend ruined by this cabin and it's owner. If 0 stars were an option, that's what our experience would get from me.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Springdale, Ohio
Reviewed 26 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Laura P
“River Rest Absolutely!”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The cabin was awesome! Plenty room for the four of us. Very relaxing with the sounds of the river out back, the birds singing, the squirrels playing. After a day of walking around Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, the best thing was enjoying a relaxing soak in the hot tub! Loved it and plan to return!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$98
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing