“Absolutely AMAZING!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tiffaspif...
Evansville, Indiana
“Absolutely AMAZING! ”
Reviewed 19 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

First let me say the pictures do not do this place justice!! My husband and I were supposed to go on vacation to FL and after Hurricane Irma our plans had to change. Fred and Pat were awesome to work with when we were trying to find somewhere to go for a long weekend. This is a true mountain chalet, beautiful views and nature all around. The drive up to the Sugar Shack does have some steep roads but nothing my RAV4 couldn't handle. I do suggest bringing a flashlight, it's pitch black at night and although we never lost power it would be nice to have on hand. We LOVED the jacuzzi tub inside, so much so we never used the hot tub! We also stayed in one night and played UNO and watched TV, they have puzzles and other games which I thought was nice. Their really isn't anything missing from this cabin....maybe bring a blanket if you want to snuggle up on the couch.

We will definitely return and we had an amazing time!!! It gets you away from the tourist attractions but still close enough to do it all while you're there. Highly recommend this for couples or a family, plenty of room.

Date of stay: September 2017
24 Sep 2017
We are so happy that your stay at the Sugar Shack was perfect for you and even though you needed a quick change of plans it worked out well. So sorry you didn't find the flash lights. They are usually on the mantel. We always have extra blanket in closets or the trunk at the top if the stairs. Will check the porch lights to make sure they are on for late arrivals. There are times we need to use our flash light on our phone to see the key pad on the door. Thanks again for staying at our Chalet!
jodid2017
Defiance, Ohio
“LOVE!!!!”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This chalet was all we hoped for and more! We are already planning a return trip. I highly recommend this rental. The sights of Gatlinburg were nice but we would have had no problem staying in the whole time!

Date of stay: September 2017
24 Sep 2017
Thank you and there are numerous times we never make it into town also. Please come back to visit with us!
Jack E
“Sweet and pet friendly too. Very nice chalet.”
Reviewed 24 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We went here for the solar eclipse and had a great time staying here. Upon arrival everything was clean and smelled nice and freshly cleaned. As stated from other travelers the view is awesome and felt very private, especially the way the chalet sits upon the mountain. Decorated very nicely and comforting. We took our pets but keep them near. We seen a mother bear and baby bear right behind the parking area near the garbage cans. Baby was playing until they saw my daughter and him and mother bear took off. Also be careful of snakes, right next to the back porch we had a copperhead sitting under the rocks shading himself. Los of nature fore sure and very quiet. The community shared pool is nice with showers and changing area. I would of given it 5 stars but the outside hot tub is a little dated with some jets not working and temp would only hit 101 with no hot tub light working,, also the bathroom shower heads are for short people , if your 5' 9' or taller you'll have to bend down to rinse off.Other then those small details it was a perfect 4 days of fun.Visit cades cove if you have a chance, about an 1 1;2 hours away. Gatlinburg is about 20 minutes. Lots of places to stop off for some nice views on the way to everything.

Date of stay: August 2017
Your age range 50-64
24 Aug 2017
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We do have the hot tub scheduled for some maintenance first week of Sept. Yep we have seen the bears also and know that one of the reasons people visit the Mountains. Hope the eclipse was everything you had hoped for. Come back to stay again soon.
Pat & Fred Enders, Owners
Susanne B
Nashville, Tennessee
“SO happy we chose the Sugar Shack!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This was a last minute getaway for fiance and me and I was nervous I didn't have my usual 500 hrs to spend scouring cabins. My fiance's a TOTAL germ/clean freak and I wanted someplace nice & cozy with a breathtaking view. We were both absolutely thrilled as the chalet met all our "qualifications". I called owners & spoke with Pat beforehand, and she couldn't have been more forthright/amazing. She insisted we call if any little thing wasn't to our liking and she'd have it taken care of immediately. We arrived after dark & our 4 cylinder Nissan got a last minute workout getting up the driveway but other than that, route was easy-peasy. Upon entering, we were both shocked to find the pictures online didn't really do it justice. It was a tri-level (which I LOVE), clean, cozy and the upstairs jacuzzi was ginormous!!! They have Comcast with an amazing, like 100% full-bar wifi connection so we hooked up our Roku-streaming media/Netflix & basically didn't leave the entire 3 days. Oh, I have a debilitating insect phobia & other than 2 locusts, 1 cicada (yeeks), 2 small spiders, lots of moths & your typical mosquito/tiny gnat-like annoyances on outside deck, there wasn't a single bug inside, and believe me, I have an eagle eye. I was definitely on edge while outside, however a normal person wouldn't have a care in the world. I feel all over the place with this review so after mentioning how much we loved the drinking glasses -random, I know - I'll wrap up by saying we had a most enjoyable time at the Sugar Shack.

Date of stay: August 2017
23 Aug 2017
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and we are soooo happy we could meet all of your needs. Yes, the mountains can be a little buggy in certain seasons but you are definitely living very close to nature. Please come back to visit the mountains and stay with us again. Pat & Fred Enders, Owners
Laura M
“Amazing”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Had an amazing time staying at the Sugar Shack. Views were breathtaking and watching the sunset while relaxing in the hot tub was the perfect end to a day of shopping and eating. Owners answered all my questions quickly before our stay which made the decision an easy one to rent this cabin. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: July 2017
20 Feb 2018
Thank you so much for your review!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.