“We Absolutely LOVED this cabin!”
Relax by the pool!
View of Mt. LeConte from the deck.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Relax by the pool!
View of Mt. LeConte from the deck.
Entrance to Adorable Teddy Bears Pool Palace
Enjoy the view of Mt. LeConte
Relax in the hot tub while grilling a juicy steak
Enjoy the fully furnished kitchen
Relax in the family room!
Romantic heart shapped Jacuzzi
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 29 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
fusionchi...
“I'm confused on what to say...”
Reviewed 27 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

We rented this cabin based on the glowing reviews. I would like to say upfront that Sandra was nice when I called to book the cabin and her husband even called us the day we were leaving to thank us for staying with them and wished us a safe trip home. They are a nice couple.

The fact that they did seem nice is what is so difficult about this review. I don't have necessarily all great things to say, so bear with me.

We had about a 7 hour drive. We arrived in Pigeon Forge and encountered backed up traffic. We didn't realize there was a car show going on that weekend and an ever larger one the following weekend. It wasn't a big deal though. It allowed us to take in the sights.

This cabin is about a 10 minute drive outside of Gatlinburg. It's near the "arts and crafts" section. There is another cabin at the top of the hill with you. I would say the cabin is about 100 feet away. It was occupied the entire trip but we weren't bothered once. There are a few other cabins that branch off of the driveway that I believe have inside pools as well.

We arrived at the cabin around 4:30. The directions to the cabin (on the paper they email you) are VERY confusing the first time but once you find it, you will find your own way to detail the directions. After briefly getting lost we found the driveway to turn into and a car was coming down the drive, so we waited. It turned out to be the owners. Apparently, they had put a wax coating (if I recall correctly) on the floor and it wasn't supposed to be there so they spent the previous two days and up until we arrived, stripping the floor. We were warned about the bathroom floors being a mess. This was disappointment number one. I was initially not the happiest about the situation, but I was able to overlook it. I guess it would have made more sense to strip the floors when you don't have guests coming in to stay for 6 days. It appears that they used Kerosene to strip the floors. The smell when we opened the door was overwhelming. We had to leave the outside doors propped open to let some of the fumes out.

The floors: The bathroom floors looked really bad. It actually looked like someone wiped mud all over them. Determined to not let this affect my vacation, I tried my best to ignore it. I will post a picture of what it looked like in the restroom off of the bedroom.

I think had we stayed about 3 days, we wouldn't have really noticed a lot of the issues. We stayed 6 days and the longer we stayed, the more issues we noticed.

I will cover the amenities that attract people to the cabin.

The pool: It was larger than it appears in the photos. We tried the waterfall but turned it off after realizing the water splashes off of the rocks and tends to hit you in the face. The pool area overall was nice. The only bad things about the pool are that it appears to be patched and there was a fairly large dark patch, the water was chilly and the jets only sprayed warm water (to heat the pool) about twice an hour. There should be a net to clean the pool. There was a noticeable amount of dead bugs but no way to get them out. Otherwise, we used the pool every day and it was the highlight of the cabin.

The hottub: When we arrived we lifted the lid a little bit to see inside and we were greeted with an odor. We closed the lid and went on to explore other things. We arrived on a Saturday and by Tuesday night we came back to the cabin and decided to try out the hottub. We opened the lid to realize the smell was still there and that the water was also low. It was around 8 pm and we didn't want to call the owners and possibly wake them up, so we chose to wait until Wednesday morning to call them. I will explain that call later on, but needless to say I was told to get the hose and fill up the hottub. He said in all of the confusion with the floor they forgot to put the chemicals in the hottub AND the pool. He said he would be by later in the day to put the chemicals in but in the meantime to fill up the hottub. I think the hottub has a leak. When we came home that night, the hottub water was low again. We added enough water to cover the filter and decided to get in. We stayed in the hottub a few minutes and decided to get out. When my husband got out, he slid on the plastic steps, fell on the porch and hit his head on the steps. Needless to say, we weren't able to do much on Thursday because he was sore and bruised up.

The jacuzzi: I decided to get in the jacuzzi while my husband took a nap one day. I had noticed the jets had white crusty stuff on them and I assumed it was from hard water. Once I filled up the jacuzzi and turned it on, I got a little shock. The crusty stuff started floating in the water, along with hair and the "bubbles" weren't clear like they should be, they were milky white. I'm not sure why.

The fireplace: It didn't work. The owners know about it.

So, let me get to the phone call that I placed to them. I would like to note that their phone number is NOWHERE in the cabin. It's not listed on the phone, it's not hanging on the wall, fridge or even on the counter. We had to find the actual map they sent us in an email to get their phone number. The cabin instructions covered in the contract were not anywhere in the cabin either. There were no instructions on what to do with the trash, laundry etc. I called them to address some issues and Sandra answered. I started telling her about the things that were wrong and eventually she handed the phone to her husband. These are the issues that needed addressed immediately:

1. The towels: From day one, I noticed an odd smell on the towels but I couldn't place it. Tuesday I picked up a clean towel and wiped my face after I got out of the shower. I was immediately horrified. I threw it to my husband to smell. We suddenly realized what the odd smell was. Kerosene. It appears that Kerosene had splashed onto the towels. That alone proves that nothing was rewashed before we got there. Sandra's response was "I guess it could have splashed on them.Throw them in the wash". Why should I have to wash the cabin's towels while I'm on vacation? It should have been done before we arrived. Quite frankly, it irritated me. We had plans on going to get food but it seemed like my time wasn't of value.

2. The fireplace not working: Sandra stated the gas company came and turned the fireplace off awhile back and they haven't been able to get it turned back on since.

3. The hottub smell and water level: For this she put her husband on the phone. He admitted that they had forgotten to put the chemicals in the hottub and the pool before our arrival and that's what the smell was. When I told him the water level was also low, he told me to put the hose in it and fill it up. Once again, we're on vacation. This isn't our home so why are we "maintaining" it? Granted it took 5-10 minutes, but that's time I could have spent enjoying my vacation.

4. The "smell". So there's a smell that hasn't been addressed yet. Our cell phones only worked on the back porch so we had to go out there to do anything with our phones. The smell was gas of some sort. My first thought was the grill. My husband checked the propane and it seemed secure. The smell was VERY noticeable while on the back porch. It was almost nauseating. When I told him about the gas he stated "I didn't think it was that bad, but then again I'm not up there". They were clearly aware of the issue. He went on to say that the "heater over-gases itself". We have no idea what heater he's referring to, but the smell was bad. That night when we came home, it seemed like the gas smell was even worse. We had opened the back door at one point and had to close it because we could smell the gas from the sofa. It brings up a bigger issue. If you can smell the gas, there's a leak. What if one of their guests happens to be a smoker? Someone could get seriously injured.

At the end of the call he told me he'd come over in a bit and put the chemicals in the pool and the hottub.

We chose to use the sauna a few times. Even following the instructions we weren't able to get it very warm. It served it's purpose though.

The bed: As someone stated before, it's like a rock. We woke up stiff every morning. The pillows also sound like they are plastic and they are extremely thin.

Bedroom shower: We chose to use the bedroom bathroom as the main bathroom. The shower head was the original showerhead. A $10 showerhead from Walmart would be a great improvement. I have long thick hair and it took me quite a while to even get my hair wet enough to wash it.

Amount of towels: We had to reuse towels. There were 2 towels in the upstairs bathroom, 2 on the jacuzzi (that smelled the worst), 2 in the main floor bathroom and 2 in the basement. That's a total of 8 towels (not all were useable due to the smell) for 2 people for 6 days. We needed 12 clean towels. There were also 4 "beach" towels for the pool.

Cleanliness: I get the feeling that the owner's clean the cabin themselves and that's where some of the issues are coming in. When we went to put our drinks in the fridge we got a bit of a surprise. There was half eaten food and a drink in there. The fridge smelled bad. I get the feeling the food belonged to the owners because after they came out Wednesday, that leftover food was gone. We didn't ever eat at the cabin so we didn't need utensils or anything, which is good because they had a utensil "holder" on the counter and one of the utensils had food stuck on it. There were also "smear marks" on the stove, fridge and marks all over the trash can from where things had ran down it. Every day I would go downstairs after my shower to put on shoes and have to dust quite a bit of debris off of my feet first. The black curtains had quite a bit of dust and dirt caked on them. The lights in the upstairs bathroom were even covered in "fuzz". I have photos to prove all of this.

I just kind of feel like we spent quite a bit of money to stay in a cabin that hadn't been cleaned in quite some time and we were left with a mess to clean up. This cabin should be deep cleaned after EVERY stay and unfortunately, that isn't happening. All of the small things amounted to a few large issues. We rented this cabin based on the amenities and the only thing that seemed to function properly was the pool.

The mountain view is nice and it provides nice photos but it's not enough to save this cabin from the negatives. The pool and the view were the only good things about our stay there.

As nice as the owners seem, I don't think it will be enough to bring us back. The bad thing is that we had at least 5 couples request the info for this cabin but I can't refer them and tell them everything was great with a good conscience. I think if things are repaired and cleaned properly after every stay people will continue to stay at this cabin, but until then, I don't think people will continue to return.

Liked best: The pool
Liked least: The lack of cleanliness and the "amenities" not functioning as advertised
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Sep 2012
We did apologize to our guest for the wax not being totally stripped off of the upstairs bathroom floor. We explained that the floor was not dirty . We were unable to get all of the wax off of the floor. We have had 10 couples since this couple occupied the cabin, 4 of them for a week, and no one has complained. There was a gas smell, which we had asked the gas company to check, and when we came to the cabin, after our guests departed, we realized the smell was still there. We called the gas company again and this time they came and fixed the gas problem and turned on the fireplace. The gas company turns the fireplace off every Summer and turns it back on in the Fall. The cabin was being cleaned while the men were stripping the wax and no kerosene was used. Murphys oil soap was used. We explained to the guest that we didn't realize the smell from cleaning the floors had affected the towels and that they could be washed and, of course, they were washed following the previous guest. We had put the chemicals in the pool and hot tub as usual and we come to the cabin every 4 days to fill the pool which we did. We're sorry the cabin was so repulsive to these guests and we're glad the majority of our guests are happy with their stay at Adorable Teddy Bears Pool Palace and comment about how clean the cabin is. We try to please all of our guests but we realize that some people we can't please no matter what we do.

joanie307...
Dalton, Ga.
“We Absolutely LOVED this cabin!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012

My husband and I rented this cabin for our "alone time getaway from the kids". The booking of this cabin was easy just called Sandra (the owner) and she helped us book the nights that we needed. The directions we got were easy to follow and took us straight there. We enjoyed the back roads leading up to the cabin! The road leading up to this cabin was pretty steep if the roads were icy or it was snowing I would make sure you have a 4 wheel drive or something with chains on the wheels. There is another cabin behind this cabin which was okay, didnt bother us at all. When we got there after our 4 hour drive we put our key code in and it worked perfect and we opened the door and omg! the cabin smelled SO Good! The pool table was set up and ready for play. There was also a dart board (batteries were dead, we went and bought new ones so we could play). There was also a PS2 and a Xbox360 but we didnt play either of them. There was a Bathroom with the Washer and Dryer (which came in use). The kitchen we didnt use because we just went out and ate for every meal but the Fridge came in handy for us to keep our drinks cold. We loved the Gas Fireplace it kept us warm! The TV in the living room area is a little to far away from the couch area to see so we didnt really watch much of that tv but we did listen to the music on the DirectTV and jammed out to the surround sound! Outside on the deck area there was a Great View and there was a hot tub on this deck but we didnt use it either because we have a hot tub at home which we are always in but it looked very clean! Upstairs was the loft bedroom area, it was nice! Heart Shaped Jacuzzi, Full Sized Bathroom, King Sized Bed and a TV. The only complaint I have about the whole trip was that the mattress was really hard! The Downstairs was Awesome! It had the Huge Indoor Swimming pool which had a waterfall. The water was really warm and we enjoyed the pool! There is also a Sauna in the Bathroom area but we didnt use it. The water was clean and it was bigger than we thought it was going to be and also deeper. There was also a Futon and a Patio set in the area downstairs. The stay at this cabin was Great, it was just where we needed to go to get away from everyone! I would recommend this cabin! :) At the last day of our stay it was nice to receive a phone call from Ted (the owner) to make sure our stay was good and to wish us a safe trip home!

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
12 Mar 2012
Thank you for your great review. We try our best to please all of our guests.

tn
Reviewed 8 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
8 Mar 2012
Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great time and we strive to see to it that all of our guests en;joy their stay at Adorable Teddy Bears Pool Palace.

ShariSie
NC
“Nice, Clean, & Reasonably Priced.”
Reviewed 6 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011

Cabin was very clean and had everything we needed. Enjoyed the hot tub and jacuzzi tub. Hubby enjoyed the sauna. The pool was too cool for our liking but a very nice amenity. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend to other couples.

Liked best: Hot tub
Liked least: Pool was too cold to stay in.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
5 Nov 2011
Thank you for your review. The indoor swimming pool is 90 degrees year round. We're glad you enjoyed your stay at Adorable Teddy Bears Pool Palace. Ted & Sandra
BeBeAtlaw
Gadsden, Alabama
“Best Gatlinburg Cabin Experience!”
Reviewed 28 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

This cabin was an awesome choice for a family with a small child. Having the pool on the lower level was such a luxury! Also, the cabin was spotless. It felt like we were the first people to ever stay there. View was wonderful as well. We hope to make a return visit soon!!

Liked best: Indoor pool
Liked least: pillows were a little flat
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing