“Must not be in business to actually sell things”
Review of Morton's Antiques

Morton's Antiques
Ranked #104 of 119 things to do in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Hubby and I spent 3 weeks in the area. We are huge collectors and he saw a chandelier that we were serious about purchasing. It was a Saturday...there was a note on the door instructing that they were closed for a few hours and to come back at such and such a time. My husband is handicapped...with a cane we walked up the block to find a place to have something to eat or drink while we waited...we did and then walked back (no easy task for hubby). It was open, we walked in and went to the back corner and inquired about the price. The girl told us and we were discussing the purchase with each other when the owner rudely kicked us out because they were moving more pieces in. I explained (quickly) that we had already walked up and down the street and he could not do it again (we were not in the area of the store where they were moving things in...nope...literally kicked us out. Against my wishes hubby wanted to go back for the lighting. We went during the week, saw the open sign lit, parked and walked to the store (again not easy for him) to find it closed. This happened again on a Saturday afternoon and again on a week night. This store lost out on our over $3k purchase...I will get my lighting from Royal Street in NOLA where we were treated well. I don't care if they were selling things for mere dollars...I would never go back and never recommend them! These people are either laundering money because they certainly do not want to make sales or they are so ignorant they don't deserve to be in possession of pieces with class when they have none.

1  Thank vikki0730

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Not very friendly, rude and seemed to careless if you were there or not. I would suggest looking elsewhere.

1  Thank Todd M
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped by at 11:00 am, when the sign on the door said they opened. Waited until 11:15 am when they actually got there to open. Turned a vase around to check the sticker price and was told "Don't touch it" by a crabby man! I explained I was checking the price, to which he barked off the price and stated the piece was a Northwood. It was actually a Fenton. Left immediately, understanding why the items in the window had cobwebs! If I could have rated this place a zero, I would have, just due to the hateful nature of the employee.

3  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Over priced, rude, condescending, cold, carried on personal and adolescent conversation with customers present, unprofessional.

1  Thank Crystal S