“Great place for the value”

Review of Noah's Ark

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tampa, Florida
“Get what you pay for”
Reviewed 24 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I dont have anything negative to write however want to be honest so that others arent let down with future experiences here. We have traveled to Gatlinburg 3x in the past 3 years and while this cabin was the most accessible it was the least impressive.
One bedroom but can sleep 6 with the pull out couch and side hallway with bunk beds. There are also bunk beds on the porch. The cabin appeared to be recently cleaned due to an abrassive smell of clorox but the bed sheets on the pull out had stains and were certainly not washed from the prior stay. If you plan to stay in the cabin alot then I would recommend bringing your own kitchen utensils as all of the cookware was in bad shape and limited. I didnt think, based on other reviews, that this would bother me but we ended up cooking and eating there more than in previous trips- where I feel that the cabins weve used before had better and updated amenities.
The price was great and again, its easy to find- roads arent too bad. There are no views with this cabin and although they dont claim to have any I was a bit disappointed there wasnt much to wake up and see out our window/porch. Since we visit TN often I would probably not go back to this cabin however, if your looking for an inexpensive place and dont plan on staying indoors much then I would considerate it- just check the bedsheets before you lay on them!
There were extra linens in the bedroom closet but not enough for the beds on the porch or to change the sheets if needed. The cabin itself is well kept and was clean but the cleaning company used for this property needs to have these issues addressed.
Upon booking this location the owner/manager had a lot of questions regarding my childrens ages, I didnt see this to be important but it seemed like a few extra odds and ends they needed for the reservation.

Liked best: location
Liked least: cleanliness and not up to date
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Families with young children
Natalie C
Knoxville, TN
“Great place for the value”
Reviewed 8 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

When you arrive at this cabin, the first impression is that it's a bit dated. There is some definite wear and tear. However, it is clean. We never turned on the TV, but I'm assuming it works. It's a decent sized flat screen.

The fireplaces make this cabin a wonderful get away. It comes equipped with plenty of firewood. My husband and I brought starter logs and enjoyed several fires, inside and outside.

The hot tub was great, although I'd recommend turning it up as soon as you arrive. It was at 68 degrees when we arrived! It took about 4 hours to heat up to the desired temperature. Another plus is that it's right off the master bathroom, so it's easy to go straight from the hot tub to the shower.

The furniture is a bit updated compared to the pictures on the website, I've attached some that I've taken.

If you don't need all the bells and whistles, but want a nice cabin for a great price, Noah's Ark is the place. The location is right between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, making it very easy to get to both places quickly.

KITCHEN COOKWARE: Cookware is basic at best, so if you plan to do more cooking than just very simple dishes, I'd recommend bringing your own skillet from home. I love to cook and had brought my own anyway, so it wasn't a problem this trip, but I might not have been able to cook everything I wanted with what is provided.

We plan to come back again and again and stay in this cabin.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub, fireplaces, location
Liked least: Old cookware, dishes and decor is a bit dated
Tara R
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Fantastic Rental Cabin in Gatlinburg”
Reviewed 24 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

We look a long weekend trip to Gatlinburg and stayed in Noah's Ark. It's a lovely cabin positioned perfectly between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge--it's easy to get to either place from the cabin. The cabin in in the swath of the park between the two towns, so it's in a beautiful forest setting. There are several other cabins in the area, yet it felt remote and private. It was clean and well-kept and had everything we needed for our stay. We're hoping to make this trip an annual tradition, and we plan to rent either Noah's Ark again or another cabin by Smokey Mountain Chalet Rentals.

PS--You can even get pizza delivery there.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, the privacy
Liked least: Did not dislike anything.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
june c
Pavo, Georgia
“The cabin was better than I expected”
Reviewed 19 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Compared to the pictures online, the actual cabin was much better. The couch was leather and the purple bedspread (which horrified me) was gone :) The cabin was very clean and the hot tub heated up and ready for use.

The only downside was the constant barrage of acorns hitting the tin roof. This is probably a seasonal thing.

Liked best: the convenient location to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge
Liked least: the acorns hitting on the tin roof
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
Clare5775
London, United Kingdom
“No door on children's bedroom”
Reviewed 22 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

This is a nice cabin that is tired - it needs painting badly and the cleaner needs to get rid of the previous families spaghetti from the table and clean the outside tables covered in cigarette ash. But those are fairly minor issues compared to the fact the children's bedroom has no door and the bed is right next to the pool table and TV. Just an open doorway so its like they are basically in the room. We spent over £2000 ($3200) to fly here and this is the first holiday my husband and I have had since our 2 year old was born. We booked this place because we thought we could relax playing some pool or in the hot tub in the evening with our daughter asleep and not worry about childcare issues. Ha! Forget that, we are not getting any evenings because we can't get her to sleep or even to stay in bed. It is 10.20 and we just got her to sleep, and we are exhausted and going to bed. No evening again. Plus she can get up in the morning and access all kinds of hazards at the fire, TV or kitchen so I am keeping an ear out at night in case she gets up. The owner said the pictures show there is no door. Be warned, the photo does not show that clearly at all and it's the last thing you would be expecting. The pictures were taken when this place was new and shiny and is smaller than the photos look. If it wasn't for the door issue I would recommend the cabin with 3 stars, but you can't market this as a children's room in its current state, it's just not fair to people.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
27 Oct 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Noah's Ark. I'm sorry to hear that your experienced any problems during your stay. I will contact housekeeping and make sure the cleaning issues you mentioned are addressed and corrected.
Our description and photos show the secondary sleeping area is open to the living area, so I'm not sure how that misunderstanding happened. If you had contacted us during your stay we would have gladly addressed any concerns or moved you to another cabin.
I'm glad to hear that you thought Noah's Ark was a nice cabin and thanks for the feedback.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing