“Fabulous Family Fun”
other travellers have booked this property
Gorgeous Gatlinburg Lodge Giant 10 hp private premium hot tub
Gorgeous Gatlinburg Lodge
Giant 10 hp private premium hot tub
Amazing Living Room
Large Game Room
Enjoy Private 'Life of Luxury'
Life Of Luxury #12- Resort Pool
Life Of Luxury #12- Outside View of the Cabin
Life of Luxury, Cabins of Gatlinburg TN
Cabins in Gatlinburg TN, Life of Luxury
Life of Luxury, Cabins in Gatlinburg TN
Life of Luxury, cabins in Gatlinburg TN
Cabins in Gatlinburg, Life of Luxury
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Guinevere...
“The worst experience”
Reviewed 27 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

In July my husband and I booked the dates 10/15 - 10/19. Two months later we received a call saying that the cabin was sold. This wasn't an issue, they transferred us to a difference cabin. On 10-15, side note: we rented this cabin because we were getting married on 10-18, we check-in and come to find that they have us checking out 10-18, which isn't what we booked. We had the original receipt from the cabin before the transfer with the original booking and correct dates. Aunt Bugs did not take this copy, refused to acknowledge that it was their mistake, refused to give us a price break, charged us for additional day, which we already payed for. I request their policies allowing them the right to do this, Aunt Bugs refused to show this. The customer service is horrendous, one of the worst experiences I've ever encountered, on par with Comcast. They have no legal standing, the manager is never there, their only response is "I'm Sorry". Aunt Bugs does not explain their legal ground, policies, or reason for charges. If you have issues, they will absolutely not accommodate.

Another customer, my grandmother, stayed in a cabin that same weekend, for my wedding, and booked the same day in July as I had, in person. My grandmother specifically asked for a handicapped accessible cabin. She pleaded with Aunt Bug's the importance of this need, and Aunt Bug's said that they would accommodate. My grandmother arrived to find a two story cabin that was not handicapped accessible (bathrooms, rooms etc). My grandmother called Aunt Bugs and they responded with the never booking with her under the assumption of needed a handicapped accessible cabin. Aunt Bugs responded saying they have a recording of their conversation, my Grandmother requested that recording knowing she had made that request. Aunt Bugs has yet to respond.

Under the Americans Disabilities Act: Hotels, motels, inns and other places of lodging must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Which Aunt Bugs has no policy regarded the ADA exemption. So they are not in compliance.

All in all, Aunt Bugs has the worst customer service. Aunt Bugs's staff fail to communicate between shifts and have the worst business skills.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Just the cabin itself
Liked least: Customer Service
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
nazarene2...
Westerville, Ohio
“Handicap friendly doesn't mean they can get in the house”
Reviewed 5 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Advertised vacation rental unit as handicapped friendly. Personally spoke to rental agent(Cary) and was assured a person in an electric wheelchair (ALS) would be able to access AND stay in the Life of Luxury #12.When we arrived,the chair couldn't get into the unit. My husband found some wood in order to get the chair into the house. Once inside, discovered the person could NOT use the toilet or get into the tub/shower combo due to NOT being handicapped accessible. We were under the impression from the pictures that she would have direct access to the first level which was the kitchen and living room area. Discovered the lower level was the game room area and not the living area, so she could not get the chair to the main area of the house. Complained to the management. Spoke to "Jeanie" who stated handicap "friendly" doesn't mean handicap "accessible". She stated "friendly" only means there is a bedroom and bathroom on the first level. "friendly" doesn't require ANY accommodations such as ramps, bars, or showers. Our response was, "following your definition, "friendly" means IF the person can get into the house, they can only LOOK at the bathroom, but cannot use it. Jeanie apologized and admitted the "friendly" shouldn't be used in their advertisement, but she wasn't in charge. She did get maintenance to build a temporary ramp so the chair could have easy access in and out of the first level. We asked to speak to the manager of the rental company directly and Jeanie left him a message, but he NEVER attempted to contact us. After returning home, I sent an email directly to the manager of the rental agency and STILL have not heard from him or the company. We spent 6300 on a unit where my daughter in law couldn't use the bathroom without assistance from her husband after being assured by "cary" on the phone that she would be able to when we first booked the unit. Otherwise, we would NOT have booked the room. "Jeanie" felt horrible and kept apologizing to us and asked if we wanted to see a show on them. She stated she would make sure the chair would have access to the showroom. The "show" was SUBSTANDARD and we made up over half the audience. This added insult to injury as it seemed like our complaint was being mocked.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the great room
Liked least: lack of cooking and eating utensils
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
McAple
Virginia
“Needs new management, no one seemed to care enough to fix the issues.”
Reviewed 9 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

Life of Luxury # 12 in Gatlinburg TN. I was very disappointed with the " brand new" hot tub it was dirty and 1/2 the jets did not work plus the radio was not working. Fire place was gas and would not light. 30% of all interior lights we burnt out. Pots and pans were poor quality. TV's did not have remotes that matched. Maintenance told us the soon they were getting new tv's. That did not help us though. Fire place got fixed on day two but the hot tub did not and again the maintenance guys say" well I am not a hot tub guy" No resolution. One king bed all other looked small for "queens". Could be much better maintained I recommend the owners come visit and find a new property manager. No concessions were made or offered. Pool table and air hockey are very poor quality. View was nice but main living area and kitchen are on the second floor.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Family time made it a valuable time.
Liked least: I seen my brothers cabin and realized we had be short changed.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
2910chris
Sarasota, Florida
“Fabulous Family Fun”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

This was not just a "cabin" it was a huge beautiful home that we stayed in. We were a family of 3 generations vacationing together. We absolutely lived our time spent together at this Gatlinburg cabin in the mountains. First if all, it was immaculate- which is always my first concern. In addition, it met our needs perfectly: There were bedrooms / bathrooms and a game room on the lower level, that was perfect for the young ones; there was a tv in every room; the kitchen was nicely stocked for cooking and serving a group; a fireplace in the family area; a new hot tub on the deck was perfect for relaxing at the end of some busy days...and ..gorgeous views all around. I can't thank Aunt Bugs enough for suggesting this "cabin" for our family. They accommodated us in every way. One would think Aunt Bugs special ordered the weather for us too- they knew we were hoping for snow (so the grand kids could see and play in snow)....thank you Aunt Bugs for your part in making this a lifetime memory for our family !

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Sarasota
Reviewed 7 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing