All reviews space needle great location room was clean donuts the main street within walking distance sausage links would stay here again coffee and juice middle of town continental breakfast two blocks off the strip biscuits and gravy king room stayed nights great room
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I recommend this hotel because it is clean & great location! We had a renovated room, wood floors, nice. Maybe can request newer rooms? Balcony where I could watch for bears. (Didn’t see any but heard stories they were by trash at night!) Great cleaning staff. They work every day, don’t take days off the front desk mentioned when I said they were great! (They give 2 small bars of soap & a tiny shampoo sample so be sure to have your own. They will give more if you use it. We were there a week. Clean towels every day too which was nice, even if we hung them up.)

My only negative is the breakfast. I like eggs for protein & I asked about having hard boiled if they can’t cook eggs. They said they don’t have refrigeration for them. They have sausage links (pork) which I wouldn’t normally eat. After 3 days of no protein I tried them. They were good. With that they have biscuits & gravy. I didn’t try them.

All else is carbs—waffle machine (good), whole wheat bread, cereal—fruit loops, Raisin Bran. No Cheerios for those like my husband who can’t have sugar. & Krispy Kreme donuts. Packets of oatmeal too. Nice coffee machine & juice machine. They just need a little more to make it perfect. No fruit either. I felt deprived when I went by a gas station & saw a bowl of bananas, oranges, apples. Well it is a good price hotel for the area.

I did bring my own peanut butter, nuts, raisins, some fruit. So I took bread or waffles to our room & added protein-peanut butter myself! I took an oatmeal packet one day (mixed with hot water from coffee machine) & added my own dried fruit, nuts.

So overall if you don’t care too much about breakfast it is fine. There are plenty of breakfast restaurants in area too but we went on hikes early & didn’t take time to go to them. We did get dunkin donut egg sandwiches one day after a hike. They were good (our only eggs of the week!) Dunkin’ Donuts very close to lodge. All shops convenient.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Pamela F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

I have passed your compliments onto our housekeeping staff and they send their thanks. We are always interested in improving guest satisfaction and we appreciate all the input on how we can make improvements with our complimentary breakfast. The staff and I send our thanks for being our guest and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I wish I could give no stars the manager pam is rude it's a very small hotel in the back behind all the bigger hotels and very dark at night the price was high with a small pool we found (Sure Stay hotel ) the same room type plus a balcony right on the river and saved 267.00 don't stay at econo lodge

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank cwalde
Pamela F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

It is unfortunate when an issue cannot be solved with a guest. I do tend to get a little rude when the guest throw things off my counter at me but pleased that you still enjoyed your vacation. Thank you for your response.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

This value hotel gives you a clean room, friendly and helpful staff and a great, great location to the shops, attractions and food on the parkway (Route 441)

However, the breakfast was disappointing. Limited selections to choose from, especially on protein items. Adding a little refrigerator with eggs, yogurt would be benefittal. But, I guess that is what you get when staying at a value hotel.

Otherwise, it was a good stay.

Room Tip: If breakfast is important to you, don’t stay here.
2  Thank TheCraneFamily2014

Thank you for your compliments on your room accommodations and our staff. It is disappointing that our complimentary breakfast was not beneficial to your needs. The staff and I appreciate you all being our guests and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We had an amazing stay in the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites. So far in Gatlinburg, this is the best hotel we have stayed in. We stayed in a queen room with a balcony and the room was super clean and spacious, loved that the had laminate flooring, beds were comfortable, staff were very friendly, and the price was reasonable. We were also in walking distance to everything, we were only like a 4 or 5 min walk to the Ripley's Odditorium. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, I know we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mcjunkinsj

The staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations. We all send our sincere thanks for the compliments and look forward to having you as our guests in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel was convenient to where we needed to be which was at the convention center. But, when I made reservations online it said my room could sleep 5. When we arrived the room only slept 4. We went to the front desk and they apologized and got us a cot. The hotel needs more or better housekeeping staff. We had to ask for towels and toiletry stuff every day. One thing you always need is towels and toilet paper. There was a wood floor that was nice but it was dirty the entire time we were there. Our door would never shut all the way without pulling it shut. Our TV wouldn't work sometimes. The breakfast area was so tiny and at times there was a line and you could barely get around people to get food. No fresh fruit, yogurt or eggs are offered. It would have been nice to offer these items as well. It is very convenient to the strip/attractions which was nice. The front desk was always polite and quick to get what we needed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Pamela F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We’ve taken the time to listen to your comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope to get another opportunity to exceed your expectations.