All reviews deluxe room story building small pool labor day the main street sitting area would stay again private balcony washer dryer great room beds were comfortable nice stay full kitchen family vacation close to town the smoky mountains black beans
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Great location and reception was friendly! However the entrance we had to use to get to our room was so off putting. There was tons of old furniture, rubbish and a lot of dust. I'm not sure what else was going on at the top of the stairs, a random empty room that didn't look so good. So the room was okay, i'm not bothered about the decor so much but there was parts of the room that wasn't overally clean e.g. the toilet roll holder. We couldn't open our balcony door either which was a shame. Overall it was a quiet stay, bed was comfy and Krispy kremes in the morning was a bonus!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kymmy28
DanielC466, Director of Sales at Johnson's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to say a few words about your experience here at Johnson Inn & Suites Downtown Gatlinburg. We are sorry for any negative issues you had at our Downtown location. We recently purchased this location and are in the process making everything 100% new!! This will all happen very quickly, with new things happening all the time! This unfortunately will cause us to have bit of junk around while we swap out old for new. Thank you for your patience. Y'all come see us!!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I booked a room back in May 2018 for this motel because of location in downtown area and their past reviews. I had a confirmation number, I had given a credit card to guarantee the reservation, and I called earlier on the day of arrival and confirmed for late arrival since we were spending the day at Dollywood. I was assured all was well at that time by the desk clerk. To our disbelief, when we arrived at 9:30 pm exhausted, a new desk clerk says she just rented the last room 2 hours prior (bet that was the one I guaranteed). She admitted to having notes that I called that afternoon to guarantee late arrival. They had no rooms, and a room could not be located for me and my family closer than Kodak TN, and it turned out to be a motel where we didnt want to stay. We lost $167 in this bad deal. But worse, our weekend was ruined. After all this, we drove 4 hours back home to arrive about 3 a.m. The motel's only excuse was that between the time I made my reservation in May and the date we were reserved in July, the motel changed to a new owner and it was a reservation system glitch. She had no explanation for my having a reservation at the time I called earlier that day. This is all totally unexceptable and unbelievable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie G
DanielC466, Director of Sales at Johnson's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations. I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our resort. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here before and it’s gotten progressively worse every time. This was the last. Room was dirty, from mold in the bathtub to the floors not being vacuumed. The furniture was old and broken, the bathroom was tiny and gross, and the mini fridge didn’t actually keep anything cold. Also, there were bees all around our door from the bushes and the holes in the wooden railing so I was scared going in and out (since I am allergic). I’d rather pay a little more each night and be in a decent hotel. Since there are other hotels that I have stayed in that were cleaner, and that are cheaper, I can’t even say the price was great. Pass on this one and stay somewhere else like Mountain House Inn or Jack Huffs. At least the rooms there are clean. I felt dirty our entire vacation.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smhorn2010

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Location, location, location! This jewel of a hotel is tucked around the corner of the main street in Gatlinburg- everything is within walking distance without having to deal with the traffic and noise of the crowds. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with our 15 year old son; it gave us all the privacy we needed and the ability to cook breakfast or reheat leftovers (for the insatiable teenage boy appetite!). The beds and furniture were very comfortable, too. Check in was easy and the staff that we dealt with was very nice. My husband and I plan on returning to the area fairly soon, and would definitely like to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

I'm elated to read that you were able to enjoy our Johnson's Inn here in the Smokies! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

#1 this room is huge, it has a very comfortable living room area, a nice kitchen area with stove, microwave, full refrigerator, two bedroom, two baths. With in easy walking distance to downtown. A very good possibility of seeing a bear. Lovely furniture throughout, everything you need. Was very easy to make reservations. Only drawback is the room is right next to a small pool (I don't know if a bigger one is on site) and you have to go into the gated area to get to your room. So expect lots of kids noise in the summer, unless you're the one with kids. Great parking. Beds are comfortable. Trust me, at least for room 128, I give it five stars and more.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
DanielC466, Director of Sales at Johnson's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Gatlinburg and for taking the time to post such a gracious and kind review. We are delighted you and your family had such a wonderful experience and look forward to hosting your next visit to the Smokies!