All reviews clarion inn king suite hot breakfast national park would stay here again city view ober gatlinburg indoor pool the room was nice balcony overlooking convention center the breakfast area up to date living room pigeon forge strip gravy
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Staff were over the top friendly, funny, and so welcoming! It was a busy weekend and they were packed but they acted like they enjoyed all the visitors. They made us feel very welcome. We will definitely book there next year.

1  Thank evans8209
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Close to everything, Good morning breakfeast, good choice of items to choose from for the guest. Real close to all attractions and the park for the nature enthusaist, Walking distance from all restraunts and the stores on the strip. Fireplace and Jacuzzi tub made it a perfect spot for relaxing

Room tip: Fireplace and Jaccuzzi a must
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Came in for a soccer tournament and had a very relaxing weekend. Luxery it is not. It is, however, clean, affordable, and staffed with friendly folks. Location is good. It sits right on the strip, but almost right on park boundaries, so the traffic is not as bad. Convenient walk to everything. I did notice that when a large group (athletic team) shows up for breakfast, there is NO seating. I will return for this occasion in the future. One of a handful of "quality" hotels left in G'burg.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We had reservations at Quality Inn Creek Side and arrived late in the evening. After checking into that motel, we found our room absolutely discusting! We called Black Bear to see if there was anything available. SEBASTIAN (?spelling?) answered the phone and informed us that he had a room for us. We checked out and headed straight there. As soon as we walked in, (about 10pm) SEBASTIAN made us feel at ease and got us checked in quickly.

This whole trip was for my wife’s birthday and I had a big surprise for her. Our Son, Daughter-in-law, and 9 year old Grandson were coming the next day to stay with us for the weekend. I made my way back to the front desk (about 11pm) without my wife to try to secure another room for the kids. Again, SEBASTIAN handled everything and put the kids as close as possible to our room. Knowing it was a surprise, he said he would handle Everything. The next morning, I found out that thru notes and messages from SEBASTIAN, the entire morning crew knew about the suprise and completed the check-in for our kids room while my wife was not in the lobby.

The Suprise went off without a hitch! EVERYONE knew the kids were coming Except for my wife! It was a couple days later that we found out that SEBASTIAN had only worked for Black Bear About 3-4 MONTHS! He handled Everything like a Pro and we were thinking he’d had probably been there a couple few YEARS!

The Black Bear Inn and Suites, as a whole, is outstanding! From their Saff, to their Rooms, to their Amminities. But for us, SEBASTIAN is their (and Our) MVP!

The way the entire place is ran would indicate outstanding Mid to upper level Management and I would highly suggest they keep an eye on SEBASTIAN! This young man is going places in life and judging by the way he conducts himself and puts forth the Extra effort, we feel he would make a Great addition to their Management Team!

We will be back soon with friends and we will be looking for SEBASTIAN because he’s “OFF THE HOOK”!

2  Thank Tammy Y
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel was not worth it. I have stayed at many hotels in downtown and this one by far has been the most disappointing. The Wifi didn't work at all, even in the lobby. Keys to 2 different rooms on the same time on Sunday and then again on Tuesday. When asking about it, the front desk said it had to be our fault. How could 4 different people in 2 separate rooms have their keys stop working at the exact same time. The shower curtain rod was barely hanging on, the spicket in the tub looks like it is about to fall off, the wallpaper is coming off the walls, could just keep going on. I could have spent less money at a different hotel and been much happier. The pictures on the website are VERY deceiving and it is a big disappointment.

Date of stay: July 2018