“Spa was awesome”

Grandover Resort , Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

In town for a girls trip started off at the spa, which was actually pretty awesome. Introduced to Kim, the Spa manager and she was awesome. She was very attentive and made the experience awesome. Had a Swedish massage which was good. Now from there it has been fumbles and bumbles between the food and the room...but they have recovered nicely.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I booked this hotel on short notice given an family emergency and it was a pleasant surprise of hospitality and great accommodations. The king room was spacious, good sized bathroom, small wet bar with refrigerator and an area large enough for a rollaway bed and chair. The view was fantastic overlooking the golf course. Room service was good and fast and we skipped the dining room altogether although it and the terrace were lovely. The bar (only 1) is very busy and loud, acoustics don't help with the vaulted ceilings so prepare to scream while you speak. I stayed here on 2 occasions, 2nd time was even more chaotic. Keep in mind when booking this property it is a destination spot--think endless stream of bridal parties, weddings, conventions, family getaways,etc. So it is a big, busy hotel. There is a gratuitous airport shuttle pick up/drop off so keep that in mind because there are no taxis and it runs on the hour for airport departures. Also, there is nothing near this spot and nothing to be purchased onsite so come prepared with snacks, drinks, 1st aid, what have you. It's North Carolina so plan for everything being a 20 minute drive.

Room Tip: Rooms on backside of hotel, lower floors, facing golf course are much nicer and larger.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017

The rooms are completely redecorated in beautiful shades of gray and burnished gold. The furniture, carpet, drapes, lamps,and bathroom are all redone. Rooms are large in size. We spent 3 nights on the 9th floor with a beautiful view of the golf course.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Sheryl R, Manager at Grandover Resort , Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

We are thank for your time and willingness to write a review about your recent experience with us. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our newly renovated guest rooms are to your liking. Do checkout our Facebook page for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

The Grandover resort is simply an outstanding hotel, I was in town for a business conference and was referred by my friend to stay there because of its reputation in Greensboro as a luxury hotel. The front desk staff is what makes this hotel luxury, they greeted me with such kindness and took care of all of my needs. Upon checking in I told one of the front desk agents Hussain that it was my birthday and he took it upon himself to send me a basket with a card up to my room. It was a small gesture that made me feel appreciated and meant so much to me. Definitely will be coming back!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Sheryl R, Manager at Grandover Resort , Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

We are so grateful for your feedback! Reviews highlighting the commitment of our staff to serve every guest with passion reaffirms that we are indeed living up to our promise of providing the grand experience. We are honored to have had the opportunity to serve you and we are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I went for a golf tournament. The grounds were really pretty. The hotel looked new and decorated in a traditional style, yet with a modern touch. It was pretty cold and my daughter was looking forward to warming up with a hot shower after her round of golf, but there was not hot water. I went in there after she had finished her quicker than expected shower and thought it felt warm, but it never got hot enough for a good shower. We thought maybe it because it was evening and too many people had showered, but it was the same the next morning. That evening we called and told the front desk.They said they would send someone up. Instead, they called back quite a bit later and asked if we had let the water run for 5 to 10 minutes. I guess that is typical. We said we had so they said they would send maintenance up. My husband said he thought he saw someone on the floor, but they never came to our room or told us they had worked on it. Apparently they were working on something down the hall. They never told us they fixed anything so we were waiting to get in the shower that evening. We told them after the shower the next morning that it still was not hot. They offered to let us change rooms, but we wanted to make sure the shower in the other room would be hot. He said he couldn't be sure and that other guests had complained as well. That night, after the second night of luke warm showers, he came to change, or adjust the valve in our shower that night. In the morning, we got got our first hot shower, just before we had to check out. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The first morning we got there before the crowd that the made to order items were quick. The following morning, we were a bit later and the line was a bit backed up. Very nice breakfast buffet, especially for the price. I particularly thought the fresh fruit selection was good. You didn't have to sort through a bowl of different fruits to get the one you wanted. We were trying for an early dinner, but the restaraunt wasn't opening until 5:30, I believe. The only option was the Espresso Cafe, and it was packed. There are game tables there and with many young kids there it took quite a while for my teenage daughter to get served. My husband and I sat at the bar and when the restaurant opened, we were able to order from their menu while staying at the bar. My husband's fish was great, but my steak was very overcooked. I was eating but decided I wasn't really enjoying it. I showed it to the bartender, who was serving our food now, too. She looked at it and immediately took it back. A properly cooked replacement came out pretty quickly on a fresh plate. I appreciated them making that right and enjoyed our dinner at the bar.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for providing us feedback about your recent visit with us. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. Please know that we are looking into the issue and rest assured that we will take necessary steps to make sure this does not happen again in the near future. Despite this, we would like to invite you back and we promise to deliver the grand experience you deserve.