“Good Italian in Greensboro”
Review of Positano

Positano
Reserve with OpenTable
Positano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 993 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Target Shopping Center
Reviewed 30 September 2016

The family that runs this place are actually from Positano. This is their more upscale restaurant (they also have Elizabeth's Pizza). Mostly good Southern Italian dishes including seafood. I had raviloli stuffed with sausage & broccoli followed by a generous portion of veal marsala. Eggplant bruschetta, mussels in red sauce, crispy calamari for appetizers. Food consistently good If you are lucky, mamma Errichiello is in the kitchen. One of the better Italian restaurants in Greensboro.

1  Thank S7139VEjimg

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Always a favorite of ours for years, the staff will cater to special needs and are always helpful. The food is consistent, and you can always look for specials on seafood of the night.

1  Thank chappell60
Reviewed 17 July 2016

My daughter and Son-in-Law have been to this place many times and recommended it. On this night we were doing the take out thing. The inbound call was promptly answered and the courteous young lady accurately took down my order and repeated it back to me. She said the food would be ready in 20 minutes, and guess what, it was! Fantastic start.

When I arrived to pick up our food, the young lady behind the counter was courteous, professional, and worked extremely hard and fast to gather all of our food, ensuring our order was complete, and, talk about great timing, the pizza had literally just came out of the brick oven.

When I arrived home, the food was almost as good and hot as if we had eaten it there. I took a HUGE gamble and ordered the special of the night, which was a Flounder Francaise. Flounder is such a delicate fish, and usually very thin, so over cooking it is not hard to do. I want to say this dish was spectacular! The fish was cooked so perfectly that I could warm it up in the toaster oven and it was still as soft as butter. It was so fresh, there was zero fish smell or taste. The lemon butter sauce was delicate and flavorful. The only critique I have was that there was virtually no sauce on the Capellini, so it was a bit flavorless and dry. That's an easy fix though, and was perhaps an oversight. All in all, I applaud them on this dish.

We got a Margherita Pizza and added some of their homemade and awesome Rotisserie Chicken to it. Wonderful! My Son-in-Law got the Smoked Chicken Ravioli, which he'd had before, and it was outstanding. Trust me, get something where you can try their amazing Rotisserie Chicken, it's truly special.

The only issue we had was that my daughter ordered her pasta with the Tomato Cream Sauce, and it came with plain tomato sauce. She was disappointed.

All in all, I can highly recommend Positano. We had a wonderful experience and will be back. We look forward to dining in next time.

2  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Bruchetta was horrible with what seemed like expired vinegar/ingredients. Pasta and sauce only so-so.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Nice ambience in a strip mall restaurant with excellent Italian offerings. Good wine selection .
Ravioli special in light tomato cream sauce was outstanding. Cannoli was a worthwhile finish

1  Thank Richard S

Been to Positano? Share your experiences!