“Not the same!”

Greensboro Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #60 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

I chose to stay at this hotel because I stayed previously and it was a good stay. There is new management so there were no basic amenities - silverware, cups, minimal things because it is a suite like my last stay. The bed was comfy, but there was visible wear and tear in the bathroom.

The check-in manager was nice, but she needs to be aware that travelers are tired and while there may be a discount depending on how a hotel is booked, once you see the receipt showing the patron paid properly they should be checked in immediately, not have to stand at the desk as you stand baffled at a $8 difference in standard price then asked to show a credit card receipt, when a copy of my Expedia receipt was given. That was frustrating enough to not ever return.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Ms G

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Upon arrival I was checked into a single queen on the second floor near the elevator. When I made the reservation I had requested I first floor room, they didn't have any available. Upon entering the room I knew I was not going to stay at this hotel! The room had an awful oder, the kitchen was filthy with grim from cooking and dust settled over the top of it because the cleaning people did a horrible job of cleaning. There were stains on the walls, the screens on the windows were all bent up and a cigarette had been put out in the window sill. I immediately went to the front desk and told them the room was unacceptable. Denise was working at the front desk and she wanted to make things right. She showed me a few doubles and a few kings on the first floor until we found something that would work for me. After checking in I began doing my own cleaning. I sprayed down the bathroom, washed all the floors, washed all the dishes, dusted, and wiped down the couch (it had something smeared all over it). The lack of kitchen items sent me back to the front desk but Denise set out to find the items I needed to make sure I was able to cook during my stay. I was here on business with my husband for over a month and each time the cleaning lady came I helped her. I am astonished at the lack of cleaning they do. I washed the floors and cleaned the bathroom myself. Other than the fact that I had to clean myself I did have a pleasant stay. The area felt safe and the staff seemed friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 400traveler49
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

Stay at the hotel when checked in went up to room it was clean but there were no wash clothes no soap to wash dishes or to make coffee at all.not even down stairs there was coffee so I had to go out.
It smell like old rotten food in room.
As well aroumd 515 pm the maid didnt knock on door but came on in. Thankgod i was dressed and was watchimg tv. She said she didnt know i was in the room. Not something i trust now in this hotel wherw they just come in without a knock.
Very disappointed in this place and I visit at least once every other month which I will be changing hotels.
Bbhardway@gmail.com.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Noisy, walls are paper thin, no one at front desk after 9 p.m., no breakfast, and no comparison to other properties in the area of similar price. Cleanliness was not the problem, as much as the noise from the hallways and other rooms.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple