“Yummy! ”

Carolina's Diner
Ranked #28 of 951 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: This restaurant, one of several Carolina's Diners in the area, has been here for at least ten years, maybe longer.
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Exactly what you expect of a good diner. Yummy hot food, served hot and with friendly wait staff. The portions were ample and generous. We will definitely make it a point to return when in the area. But liver pudding ??? What the what ? I had to google THAT. nope. Negative. Not gonna happen.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

First a caveat. I am in northern dining in southern style restaurant, so my tastes are somewhat different then the locals. The high point of the meal was the quesadilla that was ordered by my wife. It was well priced prepared well and came with sides of sour cream guacamole and pico de gallo. At $6.99 it’s worth ordering. Now for the rest of the meal., I ordered a meatloaf dinner which came with soup or salad two sides and cornbread. On the plus side the salad had ample lettuce of different varieties with onion cucumbers and your choice of dressing. However instead of fresh tomatoes it was served with canned diced tomatoes, something I’ve never seen. The cornbread was dry and lacked sufficient sweetness. The meatloaf was served in its individual Casserole dish. The entire top of the meatloaf was covered with catchup. The meatloaf itself was pasty and contain too much breadcrumbs. For science I ordered green beans and greens. Both were tanned.

Service was quick I’m concerned. Waitress Kate, brought replacement silverware without being asked. She brought an extra salad which she said was included with the quesadilla but was not and resulted in a $2.50 up charge. Although we didn’t order it I felt that the beverage charges $2.50 for a cup of coffee was excessive.

If you could put up with these minor nuances it’s not a bad place to go for the money

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I came to Greensboro for work and this was my first stop for lunch solely based off of tripadvisor reviews and was happy I did.

First appearance as I pulled up in the car, was huh...ok well lets see how this goes. Ended up having a great server, decent coffee and a cheap really tasty burger. Green beans were canned, but edible.

I would be happy to come back and next time maybe try their breakfast options.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and the food is always great! The staff does an excellent job all around and they’re open 24 hours except Sunday evening till 0600 Monday morning. Prices are reasonable and family friendly!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I was skeptical of the fish fry on the sign out front since I couldn't find it in the menu, but I went for it, and it was delicious. My wife got breakfast, and she said the pancakes were so-so. I agree, because I tried some, but everything else on her plate was good. The guy next to us had a huge burger that looked really good.