“HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE - hor·ri·ble.”
Review of Scottish Inns

Scottish Inns
Ranked #69 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 26 October 2016

My business partner and I booked a room here through booking.com not knowing this place would be a nightmare.

Most of the hotels were completely booked due to High Point Market. When we arrived Greensboro we went straight to market.

That night of October 22nd we checked in this place because we could not find any other hotels near by that would take us. The owner made us paid before we could get to our room. When we got to our room, the place was filthy and the sheets were dirty, and bathroom was unclean. We complained to the owner/manager but we got nowhere with him. We were stranded for hours until we found a place at the Marriott’s.

This place should not be in business and should be band from operation. This place was horrible. The owner/manager and his wife were shady, and unethical.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 January 2016

First let me say for me to even leave this review is almost a borderline waste of time given how unsatisfactory this place is, but I want to save someone the time and disappointment. I haven't written a review for any place in over 3 years and this was so bad I had to!

Secondly, to keep anyone from wondering why I just didn't get another room... two reasons: I was on my last budget for any form of travel other than my ticket back home, and they wouldn't let me change to another room, which I'm pretty sure wouldn't have mattered anyway honestly.

----------------------------------------------------

I was in town for a visit looking for a cheap last minute room to stay in. I'm a pretty cheap traveler as of lately so luxury hasn't been a priority. I try to go for suitable but mainly just a place to leave my luggage and lay my head being that I'm exploring 90% of the time I'm traveling. So I found this place in search of the cheapest spot available in the area... I definitely got what I asked for.

The front desk attendants are not welcome friendly at all and making calls to the front desk for different common questions or requests are a waste of time if you're expecting average customer service.

My stay was $41 for one night.

I checked in around 5pm but let me enlighten you on how the check in/out here works:

EARLY CHECK IN: 6am to 10am for $10 + $Rate for one day/night stay
REGULAR CHECK IN: After 10am for $Rate
CHECK OUT: 11am the next morning

There are only 2 towels per set in the bathroom (wash, hand, bath).
There are times when I've been other places and asked house keep for an additional towel or two just for general purposes but it's not happening here. You have to give a dirty towel to get a clean (if it really is) towel.

There is only one roll of tissue per room. I didn't have a need to ask for another given my one night stay, but I can't promise they wont ask for the empty roll to get another.

The TV is simple. Out of about maybe 20 or 30 channels only 8 actually pulled a signal.

There is WIFI, but the signal is only strong if you're closer to the front of the complex. I got placed in the very back, so I ended up having to use my phone as a hot spot.

The bathroom was ridiculous. The floor has dry splatters and spots everywhere (I don't want to guess what they where).

Overall, the experience and service weren't worth the $40 bucks. I wish I had read the other reviews before going here. Stay clear of this place if you can help it.

Stayed: January 2016
1  Thank Vegas S
Reviewed 24 January 2016

HORRIBLE!!!! The sign says $33.95 one person, they charged $100.00 for 2 nights. Foreign people run the place, the towels & rags were so thin they tore. Have to go to the front desk for ice & the ice bucket, coffee that tastes like it's been there a few days, They had soap & shampoo that someone else used.

Room Tip: Keep Going, Do Not Stop Here
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2015

I decided to try this motel just for a single night's stay, and their main sign along the highway advertised 33.99 for a room.

After waiting a long time for their incredibly slow front-desk help to take care of people, I was told that this was the "weekday" rate, and that the actual price was 47.00 per night. The sign said absolutely nothing about "weekday" rate.

I was marginal to begin with on this place- it is tucked out of the way from the highway, and takes a fair amount of driving through some questionable neighborhoods just to get to it, and there is -nothing- convenient in the area. When I heard the price, I walked; as a matter of principle I do NOT stay at motels that try this sleazy bait-and-switch tactic. Either they honor their advertised price or they do not. If they are willing to lie to me about that, what else might they be willing to do?

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

Easily the most unpleasant hotel experience i've ever encountered. Rooms were nasty, shower water would go freezing cold for no reason. Staff barely spoke English.
After checking in i requested and was granted a late checkout for the next day. Normal check out is 11am, i was granted a 1pm checkout. Starting at 10:30am staff began knocking at the door. I explained to the staff that i had a late checkout only to receive a blank, "I don't know what you're saying" stare. Then 20 mins later another knock at the door. This went on until 12:15 when the green card carrying manager knocked and told me that i had 5 mins to get out. He had no interest in asking the woman who checked me in if i had a late checkout. I also told him to check his security tape to hear the conversation. He replied "there is no tape" which is crap because i could see the video screens at the front desk of what was being captured.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo