“Great Italian!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 22 March 2015

coming from RI, I have been to many Italian restaurants, but have been looking fi or something comparable in the Triad. Giovanni's reminded me of home. Delicious clam appetizer topped off with an excellent veal chop. The staff was friendly and attentive, and I loved the outdoor dining. We will be back!

2  Thank bgags

Reviewed 16 March 2015

Not a very pleasant experience. A man at the table next to us spoke in a very loud voice and chatting with people one table over, dominating the dining area...not the fault of the restaurant, but the waiter kept coming back to his table and conversing with him about his personal life, thereby exacerbating the situation. It was impossible to simply tune all of this out, so our experience was most unpleasant. The lasagna for me was ok; filet for my husband good (hard to go wrong with filet mignon). The salads were underwhelming - nothing special at all. The bill came in close to $100 with a couple of drinks. The decor is somewhat gaudy rather than charming. Won't be back.

1  Thank Claire W
Reviewed 16 March 2015 via mobile

This used to be my husbands and I's favorite restaurant when it was on market street and wasn't aware after the fire that they relocated to high point road. It wasn't until we saw a Groupon for them that we put 2 and 2 together and decided to give it
A try. The first time we went there, like 3 months ago, we had a waiter who was absolutely horrible. He never even asked if we wanted a cocktail or some wine to drink and proceeded to ignore us the whole night. I noticed a pretty Italian woman, who was also a waitress there, keep a smile on all of her customers faces; she even stopped by our table to check on us. We decided we would try Giovanni's again after this experience, but only on the terms Sharon would wait on us and we were SO GLAD we made that choice! She is extremely personable and knowledgeable about everything on the menu, including pairing wine with our entrees. We will def. be back but only when Sharon works.

2  Thank anndean196010
Reviewed 3 March 2015

When you're in the mood for good Italian food, Giovanni's is the place! Generous portions, great service and pleasant atmosphere is what you get here!

Reviewed 26 February 2015

My husband had called and made a reservation this past Sunday at 6:15pm for the table by the aquarium for our 11 year anniversary. Needless to say when we got there they did not find out name, nor our reservation. As we proceeded into the actual dining area we walked past the table all the way to the back. My husband was furious. Of course to find that another couple had our table and the waitress said they booked the table. I sat down with hesitation and all the waitress could say is sorry and I can try to put you by the aquarium. My husband told me to get up and let's leave. On our way out she asked who took the reservation and then rolled her eyes and shes the guy never writes down reservations and he is the "owner." Let me tell you not a way to treat your customers. They did nothing to make it right other than apologize. A bit too late for that and much thanks for ruining our dinner for our anniversary. On our way out another waiter came by and said almos the same thing as the waitress that this is NOT THE FIRST time this has happened. Today is Wed and still no call from the restaurant. Needless to say we will NEVER go back to this restaurant. If you want to go as a walk in, fine, but don't count on them to have your reservation and don't count on them to come through on a special event.

2  Thank marss2013