“Just walking on by”
Review of Sweet Meg's Bakery

Sweet Meg's Bakery
Ranked #20 of 31 Dessert in Greensboro
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Just passing by and saw the bakery sign. Looked in the window and loved the decor. So cute! I ordered key lime cheesecake and a slice of chocolate cake. I took them to go as I was traveling. Both amazing. The chocolate cake had great homemade flavor! It was perfect. Cheesecake bar also leaving me wanting more. Great variety of goods, I had a hard time choosing.
I bake as a hobby and know a good cake when I taste one. This was fresh and flavorful! The place was also very clean which is a must for me.
It is great it will not disappoint!

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

Why is this place so unknown? I live relatively close by and really wasn't aware of it. Happened to pass by it while visiting another place and must say I was pleased. The place doesn't seem to draw much of a crowd, but the quality of their product is superior to that of other similar places.

I've tried the cupcakes and cake slices. Each time the product was very fresh and I could not trace if it had been previously frozen (like that place on Battleground). One disappointment, the cake slices are somewhat limited. Was expecting to be able to purchase whichever flavors were listed on the menu. So let's see more of that butter pecan flavored cake (a must try if you enjoy that flavor).

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Wonderful friendly place with the best Strawberry cake in the world! Also recommend the apple cheesecake bars, its like apple pie and cheesecake together! Will be returning :)

Reviewed 1 March 2015

I want to say that I think Sweet Megs is a great bakery. Their cake slices are very generous and their cupcakes are moist. They do nto refrigerate their cakes and they are homemade. You can even call early and buy one of their display cakes if you are in a fix. I think they are amazing and I have ordered 5 cakes and gone in just to get a slice or cupcake a dozen times and they have never been rude. Only super friendly staff from my experience.

2  Thank hazzatac
Reviewed 13 December 2014

I have been here a few times. I stopped by and the person who served me was very unwelcoming. She did not talk to us, just watched as if we would come behind the counter and take something. She made me feel rushed to pick out what I wanted. She had the hurry and get what you want expression. I have been here many times and never felt this way before. I almost left and took my business elsewhere. The other girls that service me are always cheery and kind and explains whatever you ask them, even suggestions. Next time I see Ashleigh, I am walking right back out the door. Please, if she is going to act like that, keep her in the back. Her customer service skills are horrible. Keep her from acting like that than you will lose customers. Other than the horrible service, the dessert was delicious as always.

SweetMegBakery, Owner at Sweet Meg's Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2014

Hi!
We really hate that you had an unpleasant experience while visiting our bakery but appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We work hard to provide our customers with a great product and definitely want the experience to match. We have addressed the issue with our staff. Thank you again for letting us know and we hope that you will stop by again soon!
Thanks,