“Decent Food but Long Wait”

Darryl's Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #21 of 945 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Veasley St
Transit: Use the Greensboro Transit Authority Bus System. Mon- Sat. use Route 11 stop 3 at the High Point Rd. and Pinecroft intersection, and Sun. take Route 25 stop 3 at the same intersection. More information regarding the Greensboro Transit Authority is available via http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/GDOT/divisions/gta/routes/
Description: Since 1971 we’ve been known for our 100% wood fire grilled steaks, ribs, and Southern classics. We expanded in 2010 with a $2 million renovation that included two outdoor fire pits, an outdoor bar, large patio, themed seating areas, new large bar, business bar, and state of the art kitchen. Although steaks and ribs are our specialty, we offer a large and diverse, made from scratch menu. With a World Class Bar program consisting of 24 craft beers on draft, 24 wines by the glass, and a 10-page menu– we’re sure you’ll find something to please your taste buds. Our two-story restaurant has plenty of room for all your friends and we’re eager to accommodate groups of all sizes up to 130 people. You can even reserve the fire pit areas and theatre room for private events! Enjoy your meal in a glamorous theatre room, floating ferris wheel seat, elevator booth, jailhouse or snuggle up with S’mores for dessert by one of our outdoor fire pits. Located across from the Koury Convention Center and close by the Greensboro Coliseum.
Reviewed 16 January 2018

My wife & I met her son and his friends for dinner recently. We called to make reservations but the hostess told us it wasn't necessary since they didn't expect to be busy that night. Big Mistake! When we got there we had to wait over a half an hour to be seated.

My wife & I split the "Ribs & Ribs Combo" and "Ribs & Steak Combo." Both the pork and beef ribs were good, tender and tasty but it wasn't real smoked, authentic BBQ. More like baked in an over for hours then finished off on a grill, similar to Texas Roadhouse (not complaining, just a heads up). Only a little disappointing to me since I was in the Carolinas and wanted some real BBQ. My bad, I guess. The steak was not impressive, tough & chewy. Everything else was fine. My wife's son and his friends all polished their plates which counted for a lot.

I would've liked to give a rating of 3.5 but since that's not a possibility I bumped it up to a 4. I doubt we'll be back only because there are other places we'd probably like to try the next time we're in Greensboro but we'd still recommend it.

Larry W, Manager at Darryl's Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are gladdened that your family enjoyed the meal. I apologize about the the misdirection about reservations. Its true that the ribs are finished on the grill, it's a Darryl's speciality. Our pulled pork it the traditional NC style....slow smoked overnight. Please think about giving us another shot if you're in town and feel so inclined. The leanness of the sirloin on the steak and rib combo is usually pretty good. We are so sorry yours was tough....the ribeye will blow you away.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

This place has an amazing interior decor, and very pleasant overall atmosphere. This restaurant offers a very wide selection of beer and other specialty drinks. So I would definitely recommend this place for hanging out and drinks. As far as food concerned, majority of the items were appeared to be fried. I ordered a grilled chicken salad and it was rather small for $14.

Larry W, General Manager at Darryl's Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Thank you for liking our quirky kind of style. We are so sorry you didn't care for the portion. We do pride ourselves on having something for everyone; while we certainly have quite a few fried items we are very proud of our Wood Fired Grill selections. We hope we can use our style points to convince you to try some of those. Please let me know if I can help: Larry@darryls.com

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Birthday celebration with just my wife and I. Guess you could call it a date. Which we don’t get many with 3 kiddos. Lol. This is a favorite spot for us. Love the food and staff. The place is decorated really nice. Love eating upstairs. Our favorites are chicken and the ribs. Awesome!! Many more great foods.

Thank you so very much!!!and good job on date night; we know its not easy!!!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Family of four; no one really cared for either the salmon, steak salad, club sandwich or rack of ribs. Pricey for what you actually get. Probably the same menu and recipes they've had since 1985. For this price, you should go somewhere with more interesting food.

Larry W, General Manager at Darryl's Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Oh, no. We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. We do strive to have something tasty for everyone and we are saddened that we did not get it done for your family. We hope that you will give us another chance sometime. Please contact me at Larry@darryls.com if I can make this right for you in some way.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This was a default choice as our teens could not decide on a type of food they wanted to eat on their field trip. The atmosphere was fantastic and the servers were patient even with a the dozen energetic teenagers we had with us. Everyone got to order what they wanted and stay within budget except for an irresistible dessert splurge. The food was tasty and the portions were generous enough that several kids took food home too! We had a great time.

We are so happy that your group was happy. We are in the business of causing joy for all ages. We hope to see you and your group back soon.