“Flemings”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 992 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: GTA weekdays every 1.5 hours between 5:43 am - 12:08 am & weekends every 1 hour between 6:38 am - 10:38 pm with in 1/4 mile of the center
Description: Fleming's Greensboro, NC is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The Shops at Friendly Center, near Downtown Greensboro, College Hill, and the Greensboro Coliseum.
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We go there often because it is my husband’s favorite place. Noise level is high. Service is superb. Food is creative. The seafood tower is fabulous for those who like shellfish. Steak is well prepared but I get tired of it so often and wish there were a few more things on the menu that weren’t steak or seafood. I think it is extremely expensive. I ordered a 9 oz. glass of wine and it was $27.00! Their sides are very good and plentiful. Desserts are excellent, but I am partial to their chocolate martini, which is very tasty. All in all, it is a good place to go if you’re not on a budget. We will be back there often.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Fleming's used to be a great place to stop for Happy Hour - originally a selection of quality drinks and appetizers for $5, then changed to "567" with $6 and $7 selections. Now, some genius in the corporate office decided to increase the Happy Hour prices by about 50% - most items now $9 - $13.50. e.g. $9 for a "Happy Hour" Margarita in a small glass. Also apparently decided to decrease the portions and quality. Even the previous great calamari is now reduced to a tasty, but mushy mess.
They even cynically say the '567' now stands for Happy Hour from 5-7 PM with prices starting at $6.
It appears that other, already steep 'regular' prices have been jacked up as well.
Friendly waitstaff did as best as they could trying to explain all this - not their fault.
Clearly an example of a clueless executive trying to squeeze out a few more bucks and consequently insulting and losing customers.
We will not return.

10  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed 7 September 2017

My wife and I picked Flemings as a good place for an anniversary meal. They were ready for us when we arrived and seated us promptly. 1st of all the lighting was so low I had to use my cell phone to light the menu. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs and good at explaining items on the menu. We ordered prime rib with salad, side and desert. The salad, side and deserts were very good; however my wife's steak was off the butt end of the roast. it looked horrible and was over cooked \. My wife couldn't eat it and didn't want to replace it. The manager was very apologetic and removed her order from the bill. Also the wait for our steak was almost an hour.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I went to diner with my husband and his office. I ordered the sea bass. My fish was juicy and fresh. My husband had filet mignon. His steak was good. I think the chef uses very good ingredients. The wine was good too.
However, our side dishes were not great as entree. The asparagus were over cooked. The brussel sprouts were dry.

The last thing is our dessert. I ordered creme brulee and it was over cooked. The texture like a sand. My husband has chocolate lava cake. The cake's taste was ok but I think the chef need to cook 2 more minutes more because it was too liquid.

The service was great. The staff were friendly and good take care us. I recommended to eat food here but I think the dessert is not worth the price.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here. The menu is robust and the wine selection vast! I had shrimp and scallops and they were perfectly cooked and seasoned. My date had a steak and it was delicious too.
Would definitely go here again!