Two Moons hotel
Samon's Village(Kampot)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Magic Sponge(Kampot)(Great Value!)
All reviewsswimming poolminute walkthe ownertuk tukthe rivernice pooltop floorin townlovely roomhot watermain buildingwi fiphnom penhrestaurant areafamily roompleasant staypepper farm
Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

Visited Kampot for a long weekend and loved staying at the Two Moons. The owners were great and gave us good advice as well as helping us arrange trips. Food was good. Drinks (especially my white wine) were good. It's a 10 minute walk along a lovely promenade to Kampot town. Good pool. Lovely room. What's not to like!

Stayed: July 2015
Marcel B, Owner at Two Moons hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Dear Pallin
thank you so much for this nice review we happy you enjoyed our lovely pool, there are not many in kampot but we have a nice one with a bench to drink your white wine.
Happy to hear you also liked our food we do our best.
once more thank so much
regards

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Check in was friendly, we were given loads of information about the area and in fact extended our stay to do more of the wide range of local activities. The room was great, well equipped and really comfortable. With a great view over the river. The pool area and bar/restaurant was great and served very tasty food.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Marcel B, Owner at Two Moons hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2015

we apriciaty you share your opinion here on trip advisor indeed our views of the river and mountains are spectaculair
thank you for mention our food is tasty our kitchen staff is proud to read thad
one more thanks hope to see you back

Reviewed 31 July 2015

I read a lot of reviews before picking this hotel for my stay in Kampot. From checking in to my early checkout, this was a great experience. The rooms are really spacious and well furnished. I unfortunately picked a room without A/C and it turned out to be a very hot week in Kampot. The hotel staff however added a table fan for me which was greatly appreciated. Being a vegetarian, travel in Cambodia had not been easy at all, but at Two Moon, the owner truly understood what a vegetarian diet could and couldn't include and would personally talk to the kitchen staff to make sure I got a perfect meal. On day 3, I got really sick from some crazy drink I had tried on the roadside and was in a lot of discomfort. The hotel owner truly looked out for me and made sure I got toast, mint tea and simple food to keep me comfortable. He was also accommodative in letting me check out early and arranged a bus ticket for me to get back to PNH. Overall, as a solo female traveler, I truly appreciated the hospitality and care the owner and staff showed me. Highly recommend this place for the rooms, food, and the people who run this place.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Janaky S

Dear janaky
Thank you for your great review we appreciate it a lot. Thank you for mention our vegetarian food is good our restaurant has probably the most vegetarian chooses in town 14 in total and we buy our veggie stock in phnom penn as it is not available in kampot.
Once again also on behalf of our kitchen staff thanks
Regards
Rik

Reviewed 24 July 2015

Great value, I got a fan room with shared bathroom cheaper than crazy monkey dorm which is just on the other side of the fence.
Great staff, layed back, nice pool, nice garden, nice location just a pleasant walk or bike ride along the river side promenade to the centre of town. Good food. Free push bikes.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Marcel B, Owner at Two Moons hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2015

Dear Devan good to hear you stay was perfect
thank you for mentioning our food is good our kitchen staff appreciate it a lot. Yes we have a nice big garden with a nice pool at the moment we still landscape the garden it will me a major attraction with a lot of bamboo banana trees and papaya trees
once more thanks

Reviewed 23 July 2015

We stayed here for 5 nights as a last minute booking due to not being able to go to the island of Koh Rong Samloem. The rooms are spacious, with good facilities including a small fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Water bottles are provided daily with room servicing. We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel each morning which was well presented and excellent value for money. We dined in an outdoor area overlooking the pool.The pancakes served with fresh fruit were my sons favourite, whilst I enjoyed the cooked breakfast with eggs,bacon, tomato served with a piece of crusty French stick.
The pool and outdoor is a great asset and enjoyed by many guests.
Roy was a great tuk tuk driver and he took us down to Kep for a day tour, 45 minutes travelling time each way and it was a worthwhile trip to see the crab markets and the beach and also the monkeys which come down from the bush to be fed by the tourists.
Roy's number is 015375391.
The staff at the hotel were always very helpful and they also had bikes you could use to explore Kampot.
Also great location to watch the fishing boats come and go each day, and if you want to get up early one morning walk about 500m down the road to see the boats offloading their fish from 5.30-6am.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd or 3rd floor for best view
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Marcel B, Owner at Two Moons hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2015

Hello Jenny
also on behalf of our Tuk Tuk driver Roy thank you so much for this nice review we and our staff appreciate it a lot
thanks for also mention our food was good
one more time thank you for taking time to write this review
Regards