“Great For Young Kids”

The Gulf Breeze ZOO
More attraction details
Owner description: This 50-acre wildlife sanctuary is perfect for families.
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The zoo is great for young kids. It is moderately priced, so you don't feel like you need to stay all day to get your money's worth. The train is fun for kids, but it only runs every hour. On previous visits I thought I remembered them having a rhino, and a rhino was on the directional signs, but I didn't see one, and they did not mention it on the train ride. Overall, this is nice, small zoo for kids. Check it out.

1  Thank nickwS6720BD
"petting area"
in 17 reviews
"animal food"
in 7 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
in 8 reviews
"farm animals"
in 8 reviews
"big cats"
in 7 reviews
"a great place to spend"
"a lot of fun"
in 23 reviews
"acres"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Let me start by saying I love the Zoo and the staff. The only issue I have is there is not enough animals. I wish we had more big animals. There are so many smaller animals and cute bird exhibit but not enough bigger animals that get everyone excited. Smaller children seem to have fun here no matter what but the older kids and adults would like to see a variety of animals that we can not see on a farm.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The Gulf Breeze Zoo was a very pleasant surprise. It is spread over a large area with easy walking trails and even a miniature train that runs through a part of the property. The grounds and enclosures were well kept and the animals appeared to be healthy. A great time was had by grandparents, parent, and teenage girl. Admission is pretty healthy but our daughter and granddaughter got season memberships that were quite reasonable and would represent a savings if going more than a couple of times a year.

1  Thank optiontrader
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We travel full-time and so we have been to several zoos all over the country. I homeschool my kids (7 & 8), so when we found ourselves in Pensacola, FL for 4 months, we signed up for the annual membership to the zoo.

They charge extra for EVERYTHING!!!!

The zoo is bigger than we thought but still small. It says that it is a 50 acre zoo,, what they mean is you have access to maybe 20 acres, where all of the animals are and to get to the rest of the acres, you need to spend more money on the train ride!

I wish that we had checked out the zoo before buying the membership. It is much smaller than we thought, in order to see the rest of the zoo, you have to take a train ride. Of course they charge extra for the train ride $4 pp. The train ride lasts about 10 minutes and still doesn't get you much closer to the animals, but at least you do get to see the animals that you missed from the actual zoo.

They also charge extra to feed the animals - $3.50 for a thing of food. DO NOT under any circumstance, pay .50c to get food from the dispenser, it gives you 8pieces of food. This tells me that the owner is more interested in making money as opposed to providing an enjoyable experience for families.

We went today so that my kids could listen to a keeper talk, however when we arrived we were told they weren't on today because it ws too cold - WHAT??????????????

The kids still like it, but hubby and I were bored after the first visit.

Not worth the money - find a different attraction and save your money

3  Thank grainne12
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2018

This is a gem on the Gulf Coast. This is a small zoo, with a large cross-section of animals. They also have a activities for the kiddos. We have been to this zoo quite a few times and each time the grand kids have a blast! They have a petting/feeding area, have a small train ride, and always have exhibits with hands-on activities for the everyone. The staff is always nice and helpful and the admission price is reasonable.
During the Holiday Season, they also have Zoo Lights, with light displays everywhere!

This is a must-do, whether you live or visit here. Take the time and see some of the things this wonderful zoo has to offer.

1  Thank Ben C