This is absolutely the best place that I have ever stayed! Who would have thought healthy food could taste sooooo good. The staff absolutely spoil you and make you feel like a queen/king. My favourite day there we started with a delicious brekky on our balcony, followed by yoga with the very vibrant Cowie, we then went to White Sands Beach where we were the only ones there and had snorkelling all to ourselves. We then stopped by at an organic chocolate factory situated on a beautiful little surf break. When we got back to Villa Flow we decided to spoil ourselves at their day spa and I would definitely have to recommend the full body scrub!
The best things about this place
• The staff. Kirstin the manager takes a lot of pride in what she does and she does it so well. She is very genuine and cares about the experience of all her guests. You get the feeling that Villa Flow is not all about making money but providing positive experiences to the people who come visit. All of the staff were great but a special thank you has to be passed onto Ami and Nengah for their personable and impeccable service. The staff are also very knowledgeable on the local area and are very helpful in organising what it is you wish to get out of your stay
• The food, oh the food! I wish I could eat like this every day and have been inspired to make more healthy delicious food at home. Healthy food jam packed with flavour. YUM! Also, they cater to food intolerances. I am gluten free and pregnant and they prepared all meals to suit no problems- it may just be an idea to email them and let them know you are coming so they can source the ingredients. The menu changes daily and everything is made fresh that day. It was also my birthday while we were there and they whipped up a delicious and nutritious carrot cake to celebrate.
• Views overlook the beautiful Seraya’s very lush vegetation and ocean
• The ambiance, function and cleanliness of the rooms and facilities
• They source local food and staff are mostly locals (for example, the massage therapist is the priest in the local area and it is tradition for him to practice massage)
• You can choose where you want to have your meals around the resort, our rooms were serviced in the morning and then, if we went out for dinner or something you would come back and the room would be all ready for bed with a beautiful little thought for the day on the bed. Mineral water is free and always available, they don’t use plastic bottles!
Some things to consider
• Do not stay here if you want to party and eat trash
• Due to the remote and beautiful location the wifi and electricity/hot water may sometimes not work
• We did not check out the local beach so cannot make a comment on that
I have stayed at all sorts of places from top notch resorts to cheap little shacks but this place has something extra, is has soul and it feels like you’re at home. I just wish we spent more time there but I suppose we will just have to come back. Honestly, I feel like there needs to be a special 6 star rating for Villa Flow on trip advisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the quiet and peaceful coastal town of Seraya in East-Bali, Villa Flow offers a unique experience to those looking for something special. An intimate boutique hotel of high quality standards and service. Villa Flow offers an excellent healthy cuisine,5-star spa treatments, daily yoga classes, private access to secluded beachfront and tranquility. Villa Flow is the perfect low key exclusive luxury base from which to explore East-Bali, the Gili islands just off Lombok and Bali’s best diving locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Villa Flow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Flow Bali/Karangasem