“Ambient setting, BBQ ribs, and tiramisu!”

Sang Ria Grill Bali
Ranked #16 of 245 Restaurants in Legian
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The name Sang Ria means the joyful one in Indonesian. We will do everything in our power for you to have a joyful dining experience at Sang Ria. Our signature dish are the baby back pork ribs served with your choice of roast or mash potatoes. Accompanied with a secret home made sauce, salad served with a French balsamic dressing. They claim that there are the best, but we let you be the judge. Our menu will delight you with a good variety of salads, soups, curries, fish, steaks, chicken, pork chop, and much more. We also have a sophisticated vegetarian menu and last but not least our Italian style Teramitsu has raised a few eyebrows.Set in a typical Balinesse garden setting you will enjoy sitting in a open garden listening to classical guitar and the sound of streaming water from our water fall. It would be a honor to have and serve you. S.R management.
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

The wife and i came across this place on trip advisor and decided to come see it for ourselves. So glad we did.

Set in an open courtyard with trees all around, the setting feels really peaceful.

The live acapella musician really gave it a romantic feel as well adding to the ambience.

I came here for the ribs though, and I wasn't disappointed. Thankfully the BBQ sauce came in a little dish on the side, so I got to taste the fantastic ribs without the strong BBQ sauce which I actually just left as they didn't need it. The wife had the Asian curry (a restaurant special) and she really enjoyed it, though did end up ordering more rice to soak up all the sauce.

We got chatting the the waitress towards the end who recommended the home made tiramisu, and my god was it good.

Frankly 5 stars for the tiramisu alone, but to be fair it was a perfect evening for a couple away on holiday.

2  Thank Tom W
wayan85, Owner at Sang Ria Grill Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear guest thank you for review and visit. Everything you have mention as always been our intention for a special experience. The open garden as in Bali you don't get to sit outdoor that much. The music as background and not blaring into your ears. For the ribs we have decided to not pour our sauce on top of it as some people like them more dry and some want more sauce, so the sauce come as a side dish. The sauce is home made by my wife she toke a couple of month to perfect it. For the Tiramisu I'am so happy you went ahead and tried it because its really special. My wife name is Tera so we called it Teramisu.
We even had Italians praise it, and thats pretty good. Lol. Hope you have a great holiday and from the whole staff Thank you. S.R

There are newer reviews for Sang Ria Grill Bali

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Salad was ok minus the unripe avocado. Curry had cucumbers in it, which I've never seen before. Hot cucumbers, yuck. Grilled Prawns were ok, 1/2 were mushy and the waiter somehow misunderstood my lactose intolerance so I couldn't eat the vegetables and potato salad that came as sides. Additionally, each (barely) shot of alcohol we had, cost $6+ USD. That would have been fine if not for the subpar food. Very disappointed after reading all of the excellent reviews of this place. I guess the ribs are their only claim to fame. When all was said and done it was a $35-40 disappointing dinner. Wish we had gone somewhere else!

1  Thank Carolyn G

Dear guest, sorry about your disappointment we work very hard to make sure everything is top notch and its always a big let down when we fail. About the curry its called a Cambodian style curry. Its very uniq in its style and its one of my personal favourites and our best seller. We dont cook the cucumber and soya bean sprout put pour the curry sauce on top making this curry uniq in freshness and taste. About your lactose intolerant if it keeps you from eating salad well not much I can do there. About the alcohol prices I can advice for you to go to Kuta at poppies lane. They sale cocktails for as much as 25.000 rupiah that 2.5 $ for a cocktail. Very cheap. Sometimes people die from them because of methanol poisoning but its really cheap. We are famous for our ribs as they are excellent and we have lots of good review on trip advisor because we try to do a good job. I also would have wish for you to have gone some where else as I dont like to receive money from unsatisfied customer. If you would have told us when you were here I would have gladly refunded your money as its worthless to me and meaning less. I have done this for 14 years and client satisfaction is our primary moto. Again sorry for our Balinese idiot waiter who did not understand you. Have a nice holiday and I truly truly hope to never ever see you again. Yours sincerely S.R

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Friends of ours had been before and said the best Ribs in Bali so we gave it a try well they certainly didn't disappoint they where tender and succulent the potatoes and the side gravy where suburb. The owner spent some time with us which was nice we enjoyed it that much we went back two nights later and had another serve.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Felt like a good feed of ribs and had heard the hype of San gria so off went to check it out for ourselves.
Found it be a little hidden out of the way, about 50m off the main road.
There were quite a few reserved tables when we arrived but they had a few spare which we quickly took.
My wife and i both went for the pork ribs which were very tasty accompanied with a vege stir fry and roasted baby potatoes.
The ribs were great but there wasnt enough of them , i was still hungry after mine and the wife easily consumed hers...perhaps at 125k they could have been a little bigger.
The only other concern i had was the restaurant was quite warm (need more fans) and very dark with only tealights on the table...i needed a torch to read the menu.
Not big issues but could have made it a more pleasant experience.

Dear guest thank you for your review. Our ribs are weighted and they are 500 gram each.
About the lighting we have kept it low as to give it a nice intimated romantic experience. About the eat we have a couple of fans around but its been very hot this year. But I will take this as a consideration to improve our venue. Again thank you for your input and visit. Yours sincerely S.R

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Loved everything about our meal here.

Ribs lived up to the hype, Berry smoothie was fantastic, lovely ambience, clean facilities and attentive and friendly staff.

Could have stayed all night just to listen to the solo guitarist singer- fantastic voice, great range of older and current songs.