“Fantastic once again”
Review of Legian Beach Hotel

Legian Beach Hotel
Ranked #12 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My friend and I have have just returned from our 8 night stay at the hotel and once again we had a brilliant time. Due to the renovations going on we received our evening meals for free which were fantastic. We did get sick for two days and the hotel staff were so amazing they even rang our room a few times to check on us. The staff at this resort our just so friendly. Cant wait to see the resort once all the renovations are completed.

Room Tip: garden bungalows are fantastic get one away from the foyer
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear cottiesPerth,

Warm greeting from sunny and breezy Legian Beach Hotel and thank you for staying with us once again.

I sincerely hope that you are fully recovered now and are ready to continue your day-to-day activities.

In maximum 3 weeks time, the guest lifts will be ready at the new restaurant building and we can open the new Teppanyaki, New VIP Lounge and the new Spa too and we sincerely hope that you will enjoy them all in your next stay with us next year.

Meanwhile, may we all wish you and wonderful time ahead.

LEGIAN BEACH HOTEL

Write a ReviewReviews (2,487)

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed at the Legian Beach Hotel for 9 days in early June. We're a family of 6, with 4 older children. We stayed in a Deluxe Family Suite, parents in the loft and the 4 kids on the ground floor.

Pros

* Beautiful gardens, clean grounds, great pools and cute squirrels.
* Friendly staff who greeted us with a smile and hello everyday, security who would stop traffic so we could cross the street.
* Fruit carving demonstrations
* Quiet during the day.
* Comfortable beds, including the portable beds for the younger two.
* Nice breakfast buffet every morning, that suited kids wanting a sugar overload to adults.
* Renovations were still happening, so we had the option of a free evening buffet. We took this option every night. The food was good overall, and I was happy with the choice.
* The renovations were not a problem and barely noticeable.
* Quick response when we had an issue with the toilet. (Although I had to ring reception and then ask them to clean the bathroom after a toilet overflowed)

Cons

* The room was tired and needed some refurbishing. Wood was tarnished.
* The shower curtain was very moldy and needed bleach
* The shower water was cold before 7am.
* You could hear the road noise at night
* The drinks were expensive for Bali.
* The food not on the buffet menu was expensive for Bali too.
* The spa is ridiculously over priced. I don't think I saw anyone use the facilities in our stay.
* It is a pricey hotel for what you get.

Overall we loved our trip and enjoyed our stay at the Legian Beach Hotel. I would love to see the final product when all renovations are done. Not sure if we'll stay again but only because of the cost for a large family to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lotsofkids69
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear Lotsofkids69,

Warm sunny Bali greetings to you and thank you for staying with us for the family holidays.

We are all glad that you have enjoyed your stay and pleased be informed that all the Deluxe Family rooms which are located on the 2nd floor will be fully refurbished to 100% and will serve our guests as completely new rooms by November this year. These are the set of rooms that have not been refurbished due to the high season is coming. Other rooms in the main building are already 100% new.

We are now at the final edge of our renovations works and may I mention that by early next year, two new facilities will be added namely gym and kids club.

I agree with you that drinks are expensive in Bali and this is due to the process of getting the drinks here is very costly.

I am pleased that you have mentioned about the new Spa and I am pleased to let you know that since it opened on the 2nd of May 2012, we have an average of 8 guests per day and based on the guest comments form, Guest Satisfaction Ratio is 99% throughout the 60 days.

Once again thank you for your very detailed reviews and we all look forward to having you and the family again next year, please write me directly to generalmanager@legianbeachbali.com for options on special family deals that we currently have.

Last but not least, have a wonderful time ahead.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

This was quite an expensive hotel - over $200 AUD a night! Breakfast was included but was very ordinary. We had one of the "free" evening meals which was pretty awful. The room was lovely and the grounds were nice....but certainly not worth the pricetag.
We hired a driver for the day through the hotel. He didn't take us to where we wanted to go - instead taking us to a "water activities area". This was on a really ugly beach. We got ripped off and taken to "turtle island" which is not an island at all. We spent $US 70 there and it was pretty awful. Complete rip off! Fortunately the next day we went to Ubud - and stayed put there!

4  Thank drkel75

Dear drkel75,

Greetings from Legian and thank you for staying with us.

I am sorry to learn of your experience regarding the tour arrangement which is operated by third party, may I kindly request you to write at generalmanager@legianbeachbali.com of what happened so that I can personally follow this case up to the person in-charge of the tour desk.

Thank you for your compliments on our room and grounds.

Last but not least, I look forward to hearing from you and we all wish you a wonderful time ahead.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Well this is the second review I have done about the Legian Beach Hotel.
Well in June 2011 myself and my Family and a lot of friends went to Bali for my 50th and my Daughters engagement and we had a great time so much so that my Daughter ask my wife and my self about
them getting married there.
So for May 2012 we booked the legian beach Hotel for the Wedding of the year we had 86 guest coming witch was a lot of people to come to a wedding overseas and a lot of rooms to organise.
But with the help of the staff at the Hotel we got it done and the wife and myself believe that my Daughter had the wedding that we prayed we could give her. We were told that it was the biggest wedding they had ever had there and it all went off great so if you want to go somewhere the you will love and never forget then you know where you must go because we will be there again in 2013.

Room Tip: We alway stay in Bungalows but this time we stayed in a pool villa and loved it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Glenn E

Dear Glenn E,

Warm sunny Legian greetings to you and the family and I hope this message can share a bit of the Legian sun to you and the family.

The reviews are well appreciated and thank you ! again.

Renovations works nearly completed and very soon we will open the new Teppanyaki, New VIP Lounge, New Spa and so on, exciting indeed and we all sincerely hope that you will soon be able to enjoy them all with the family.

I believe your recommendation will be very useful especially to those heading this way and not sure as yet of what and how.

Once again, thank you and we all look forward to having you again with us.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed at the Legian Beach Resort hotel with 3 other couples to celebrate a 60th birthday. When we were checking in we were told that our room had twin beds when we had asked for a king. In no time at all we had a Deluxe Garden Bungalow with a king size bed. The room was very spacious and as we were towards the back of the resort it was very quiet. The breakfast each morning was very nice, needed to stop eating so much though. We had 1 free dinner while we were there and thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment. Each afternoon we lazed by the pool enjoying the beautiful weather that Bali laid on for us. Our room was cleaned each day and the staff are so friendly. Oh and if you want a great massage/pedicure/manicure, go across the road to Pip's, I was there everyday. The hotel is so close to markets and great bars and restaurants. All in all, we had a great holiday.

Room Tip: If wanting a king size bed, ask for a room "c'.

Dear OzGal66,

Sunny greetings to you from Legian and Bali and thank you for staying with us and giving us your reviews which we appreciate.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and share your recommendation to others so that all our audience know what to do best while holidaying in Bali.

We nearly complete all the upgrade works and we believe that once all ready, Legian Beach Hotel will give an even better value for money while providing more enhanced services and facilities.

Last but not least, we all look forward to seeing you again.