“A bit disappointing ”

Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Since 1977 In Bali
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Found the restaurant a little disappointing. The owners sat out front with a table of guests. I made me think I was st a wedding on the table set aside for the people you hope do not come. Staff tried hard but could not seem to understand what we were saying. My avocado vinaigrette was not ripe and I could not eat it. I told the waitress it was not ripe and she thanked me. She did not understand what I was saying. I left it at that. Bali is not the place I come to for conflict. Had the fondue just okay. All in all I felt like this style of restaurant is not for me. Will try other restaurants in Bali. However the waitresses with limited understanding of English tried there best.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Ordered cheese fondue. Was great in taste, however very poor portion size. Told the owner who decided to ignore us after. Staff don't speak German or English, spend 500k and left hungry!

Avoid at all cost

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

If you have been visiting Bali over the last decade or so then you probably have seen the White Mercedes Classic car parked in front of the Swiss Restaurant.

The menu comprises Swiss/ German and Indonesian food.

My partner had the tuna steak and I had the schnitzel. The meal came with four slices of sourdough bread. The meals were hearty albeit a tad over cooked. We had fruit juice and a wine.

Other guests we saw had a large steak with pepper sauce and a potato fritter meal. Both ladies commented how good their meals were. They certainly seemed to enjoy their selection.

The service was good and the meals were promptly brought to the table. The staff are well trained and courteous. The prices are fairly standard and include all the relevant taxes which is a bonus when ordering.

On Thursday nights from 8pm you can watch Balinese dancing.

This is a well run restaurant and a visit won’t disappoint.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

It’s very tiny, but we had a great meal. You must have a schnitzel. It was the best schnitzel I have ever had. We got Bali tradition dancing as well.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

If you want to try Swiss food this is a good location. They also have some local dishes. Their prices are reasonable. Good location and easy access to it. Their food is tasty as well.