“Very tired”

Grand Sinar Indah Hotel
Ranked #59 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

4 mornings im a row i have been woken up to my air con flooding my room at 4am. Moved rooms 3 times and had the same issues. To be told they can only offer me a single bed on the last occasion. The people next door were very noisy which they sorted straight away. The buffet breakfast was quite poor. I moved hotels before after 4 days of issues. I want to enjoy my last few day in bali and possibly sleep in . Would have been a good place to stay if they invest in new air cons

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed for 4 nights in interconnecting rooms for 2 adults and 2 kids. Air con worked great. We were in rooms 9201 & 9202 - unfortunately wifi only worked when we went out to the balcony of room 9201 only. No safe but has fridge and tv. Soap and Shampoo wall dispensers were the included toiletries. Hairdryer provided, as well as umbrella. No face washer or hand towels. Breakfast was good. Friendly staff. Good location -many warungs nearby. Highly recommend Warung Padmasari on Jalan Padma. Do not bother with Warung Legi and Warung Yogya - unless cheap eat is all you're after.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I have stayed in many hotels with many different rates in this area. As a person who spends much of the day out, this time I decided to dedicate most of my budget to transport and a minimal amount to accom. GSI fit the bill perfectly for me. The rooms are motel sized so if you travel with huge amounts of luggage you'll fall over it. For people with surfboards, the balcony holds those. I pack light so no problems with lack of storage for me. As I am rarely around for breakfast I didn't have it included but often ate an early lunch in the restaurant on site. The Indo and Balinese dishes are excellent and well priced.
GSI is well located, very secure (lock boxes near reception but no room safe), the security staff are diligent (Mr Widarma, ex army is a truly delightful character) and the property is very quiet. Staff are helpful and friendly. The standard of cleaning could be improved, the wifi is patchy inroom, the water pressure is variable but for the price all of these are minor details much outweighed by the location, convenience and cheerfulness of the staff for me. If these things matter to you, spend more and find an option close by. The area is great.

Room Tip: Anywhere around the rear pool. 3 levels, no lift so lots of stairs to the top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location but ...does not have a lift..older rooms are at the front - the tvs very old with bad reception. .. good fridges.
Great pools. .. our 1st room didn't have hot water. .so after 2days /3rd complaint we got a room with hot water but shower over the bath. .
A fair price would be $30 night. .
It was very quiet ..other guests quite friendly. . We used spa services onsite. ..I had waxing - I don’t recommend. ..the body massage very ordinary - you pay 40% more than street salons. ..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for the final 2 weeks of our 3 week holiday. I can honestly say we were extremely happy with all services that were offered. We stayed in room 533, top floor room, with views from balcony. Great bathrooms, clean and perfect showers, especially for those taller, good water pressure. The staff were all amazing, security, reception, restaurant, laundry, cleaners, and spa staff. Everyone was absolutely delightful.
Great spa for massages etc, and so affordable, tucked away in hotel, away from the street so it was nice and quiet.

There is 2 great sized pools to unwind by. The hotel has recently received beautiful room upgrades. It's situated on Jalan Padma Utara, which is a prime location. If you turn left out of hotel, it's takes you to Legian, Jl Padma and Garlic Lane. If you turn right, you head towards Jl Wekedera aka '66'.
Great sports bar near by called 'Y Bar' for all you sports fans, includes midget boxing on certain nights, plus great food.
Awesome markets right outside the hotel, mini mart joined to the hotel. Great tattoo studio out the front.
ATM, Chemist, Doctors, Cafes, Great Restaurants and Bars are all at your doorstep or a short stroll away. This location is great, we will definitely be returning to this hotel on next years trip. The beach is super close, you could cut through the Melasti, which is situated opposite or there is a little dirt track to the left of the hotel on the same side of Melasti, just past the bike rental guys.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends