“Quick German Lunch”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We decided to have a quick lunch between tours. We had eaten here once before and knew it was excellent. They have excellent German food. My husband ordered the Bavarian Loaf and I had the roast beef sandwich. He also ordered the hot potato salad and I had the red cabbage. All was excellent! We also ordered a apple streusel to share. Though very busy, the waitress was so attentive and even brought our dessert pre-divided. My German husband eats at German restaurants whenever he can and we love this one in Independence.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I took a group of 11 people to eat here after my sister's funeral, and the meal was fine, but at the end they gave us the bill without mentioning they had added a service charge. I admit I did not look closely at the bill when paying (there was a lot going on, given the circumstances...), but when I added another $60 tip no one said anything. Later I realized what happened and went back to the restaurant, and they told me I'd have to speak directly with the server - who was not in until the day I left the country (I live overseas). When I tried to contact them again, they never answered, and then they denied the cheat to the credit card company. I am speechless that they would take such advantage of a customer. I will never go there again, I can assure you. It was totally despicable.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Our meal started out great with the cheese spaetzle as an appetizer... Although it was a long wait... Had to ask for more water and Pepsi... Asked waitress if the portions were ample enough to share with my granddaughter and was told yes... We split the schnitzel ala Holstein... Took over 45 minutes to be served our meal, mine was at best medium warm, potatoes more on the cold side than warm and our meal was brought out on two plates with only one plate having the egg on it... Waitress served it to me with the comment I figured you wanted the egg... For supposedly authentic German food ... I was extremely disappointed... Meat was so thin it was almost all breading and no flavor... Husband's chicken dish was rubbery and tasted like frozen ... Waitress didn't even make it back to the table to ask if everything was okay ... Wasn't asked even upon paying how our meal was ... Very disappointed based on previous reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Across from the Visitor's Center, this authentic restaurant is open from 11 - 2:30, at least on Tuesday, when we ate there. The German potato salad was not great but the Nernberger, mustard and sauerkraut were great.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I have had much better German food. The bread pudding had mixed berries, so not to our taste.
In good location with free parking next door so OK place.