US$99
Comfort Suites Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$90
Silver Heart Inn(Independence)
US$148
US$144
US$149
Best Western Truman Inn(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$51
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

All reviewsbasssmall lakewalking pathwalk in showeran indoor outdoor poolrustic decorloved this hotelwine barmodern lodgemexican restaurantkansas citya king size bedrecently stayed herewould definitely stay here againnice amenitieshot tubwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 23 November 2017

I traveled from Northern Iowa to the Kanas City/Independence area for a quick 2 day birthday getaway with friends. The experience was so great we are already planning another trip and hoping to stay a few more days. The fun tourist activities in the area were of course fun, but that doesn't mean anything unless you have a great place to sleep at night. The hotel was warm and inviting, full of friendly and happy staff members making the stay all the better. The fireplace as you walk in the main lobby really set the mood for a relaxing weekend. Breakfast is better than most continental hotel breakfasts I have had, and the bar was an extremely cozy place to relax with a couple beers after commuting all over Kansas City hitting up all the tourist hot spots. I would recommend booking a balcony room on the back side of the hotel. The sunrise/sunset views are totally worth the extra few dollars for a theme suite and you will not be disappointed spending the extra money after stepping out onto the balcony and experiencing the view of the waterfall under the red Missouri sky.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Robert, Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us and future travelers. We agree the views are breathtaking, how wonderful that you were able to rest and relax at Stoney Creek! The suites are a great value and have amazing features, such a balconies, fireplaces, and whirlpools or even both. We will also be sure to pass along your thanks for the friendliness of the hotel staff, as well as the great breakfast. The Stoney Creek team looks forward to hosting you for another great stay again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Came for a long weekend to celebrate a family wedding. The facility and grounds were beautiful and the staff were fine (although not warm and overly welcoming) Areas needing improvement:. Breakfast - it was okay, but inconsistent with the quality of the hotel. Compared it to a Best Western breakfast. Lots of pre-prepared food. Employees struggled to keep up. Many guests, but tables, floors, and serving area messes got away from them. Bar - doesn't open until 5 p.m. That really doesn't work on the weekends. With the big screen TV's, I would think that they might want to capitalize on the guests wanting to watch sports. They did serve appetizers, sandwiches, and pizzas at lunch time on Saturday, for the first time. This was a welcome relief as we wanted to get a quick snack rather than having to leave the hotel just to get a sandwich. No safes in rooms. No doors on closets. Flimsy plastic cups in hotel rooms. Should be glass, or at least cups sturdy enough that they don't crunch when they are full of ice and soda. Good visit, but it could be better.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

2596982, Thank you for taking a couple moments to share your recent experience with us. While we do strive to exceed our guests' expectations, at times we fall short. It looks like from your suggestions there are some areas that we can improve upon. I can assure you that we will pull together our team and take a look at the areas that you have pointed out. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Kansas City area.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to get away, a sort of staycation. We tend to stay at hotels in the area when we want us time. When we first walked in we were greated with sneers. I had booked through a different website and I had to inform them several times who I was and what I'd booked through. The room was disgusting and cold for the winter time. There was hair all over the sheets. My husband had gone back down and requested a move to a different room and they told him no. I was on the verge of saying forget the money let's go home because they would not move us or refund our money. My husband calmed me down, We went to the Walmart near by and bought a flat sheet to lay over the bed. By the time the morning came I was just glad to leave. Never been more excited to leave a hotel in my life.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GwenMasters889
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

GwenMasters889, Thank you for sharing your honest experience about your recent stay with us. I must apologize on behalf of our company as well as the property. Stoney Creek is known for going above and beyond our customers' expectations, from your comments, we missed the mark this time. Please be assured that we have discussed your concerns with our team and are taking measures to ensure this does not happen in the future. Please reach out to our General Manager directly at kevin.klein@stoneycreekhotels.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. Again, please accept our apologies and I hope that this hasn't put you off on a return stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stayed here for two nights wile visiting the Truman and Eisenhower Presidential Museums. Things got off to rocky start when we arrived at 5 pm and it took 25 minutes to get us to our suite. Some kind of confusion over whether it was clean. We were provided a discounted rate for both nights for our inconvenience so it was a wash.
The lobby and our suite both looked out at the lovely lake behind the hotel. However the windows are so dirty and streaked that in neither place could you truly appreciate the setting.
Breakfast was just average at best. Kind of tired scrambled eggs and a not terribly clean--not dirty, just not sparkling--room.
I would certainly give them another try if in the area again as I hope they will strive a little harder to be a truly great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimParkRidge_IL
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel lobby was gorgeous. The staff was nice. The room was very nice and I loved the balcony. We had a beautiful view of the lake at bass pro shops. The bed was comfortable except for the fact the mattress was too small for the frame and left a huge gap between the headboard and the mattress. The pillows kept falling in the approximate 12 inch gap. It was hard to keep the pillows on the bed. Also the ceiling fan had a ton of dust on it, it obviously hadn't been cleaned in months. It made me concerned that something so obvious had been missed, I wondered how clean the room actually was. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Lacy, Thank you for taking a couple moments out of your busy schedule to share with us your feedback regarding your past stay with us. It looks like we have a couple areas in which we can improve upon. I want you to know that we will address these with our management team and appreciate you letting us know. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful views and the waterfall area too. Again, thank you for the feedback and we will work hard to address your concerns.