We stayed at the Medewi Bay Resort from 13th-20th October on our Scoopon voucher. After reading the reviews we knew exactly what to expect. First we rented a car and drove ourselves there (my husband loves to drive in Bali) so this gave us the freedom to go anywhere. We stayed in one of the new studio apartments with a kitchen, bedroom/lounge area, huge bathroom and balcony. We were upstairs in Soka 8. We were quite happy with this accommodation, yes we were next to the construction going on next to us but they never bothered us the whole time we were there. They didn’t work over night and that was the only time we were in our room. We went up to Negara and bought breakfast foods and enjoyed our breakfast on the balcony every morning. We had a large fridge, kettle, toaster and cook top. The staff were friendly enough. The gardens were nice around the resort but the footpath from reception to our room was broken and quite dangerous. Everyday there were large thunderstorms in the afternoon and unfortunately umbrellas were not provided so we were drenched by the time we got to our room as the paths have no cover over them. Even though we were walking slowly in the rain, my husband slipped over at the bottom of the stairs leading up to our room, due to the construction site dirt had washed over the tiles and it was very slippery, he cut his leg up quite badly, but when I told reception they cleaned it up the next day, but take an umbrella if you intend to stay here. Because of the rain every day, everything was fresh and green. Because we had a car we were able to go out to other cafes for dinner and found some really cheap ones with great food, Toms Café at Baliean Beach was very good and they had wifi which they turned off at 6pm. We learn't to go earlier next time. This resort is in amongst the real Bali, if you want nightlife, lots of shopping and places to walk to. then DON’T GO HERE, if you are happy to have a quiet week relaxing around the pool and reading then you will be ok. Unfortunately they need to purchase a lot more pool beds. They don't service the rooms but you can pay 10 US, we didn't bother we had a broom in our room so I swept up a couple of times. If you want a change of towels you just have to ask at reception. This is a timeshare accommodation and they have a little presentation happy hour talking about purchasing a unit but you are not compelled to go to it so we went out for the evening. We enjoyed ourselves very much but I think if they keep building more rooms the pool area will become very crowded. For $225 for 7 nights we thought it was good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Medewi Bay Retreat is a 15-minute drive from The Surfing Medewi Beach in Pekutatan, West Bali. Surrounded by mountains, the ocean and coconut plantations, it offers windsurfing opportunities by the beach and a spectacullar outdoor pool. Each studio or villa offers a private balcony/terrace with garden views. Kitchenware, a minibar and tea/coffee-making facilities are provided in the kitchenette/kitchen. Each comes with a living room and dining area. Medewi Bay Retreat is an hour’s drive from West Bali National Park and a 2-hour ride from Denpasar. Ngurah Rai Airport is a 2.5-hour drive away. The Palms Restaurant serves a selection of Western scenic, Indonesian, Balinese, and Indian cuisine. Room service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Medewi Bay Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medewi Bay Retreat Hotel Negara
- Medewi Bay Retreat Bali/Negara