“Average stay, expected a little more from Novotel”

Novotel Palembang Hotel & Residence
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Palembang
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Not my first time in Palembang but first stay in Novotel. Overall, this is only an average stay. Honestly expected a little more from this stay given that this is a Novotel hotel. Here's a summary of my experience:
1) We booked 2 rooms in total, and was given rooms at the opposite end of the hotel despite us arriving at the hotel in the morning at around 10am. Took us around 5 mins to walk from 1 room to another which is very inconvenient given that we are travelling with children.
2) Lift to the rooms wasn't working throughout our stay with no signs of any repairs/maintenance works happening
2) After waiting until 5pm for our 2nd room, walked into the room which has dirty floors and only 1 pair of hotel slippers.
3) Pool was ok but the water isn't as clear as we would have like it
4) Breakfast spread was average. Could be better with a better variety, esp since some of the items served are the same for 3 days
5) Housekeeping tried to make-up room at 11am while we were still in. Despite telling them to come back later and putting up the "pls make-up room card", the room was not made up when we returned to the hotel at 5pm.
6) On our 3rd day of stay, we notice a foul smell coming out from our toilet. Was quite disappointed that the only thing that housekeeping could do was to spray tons of air freshener which could only keep the smell down for an hour.

Overall, the only above average point is the hotel's proximity to PTC Mall which provides a nice shopping diversion (with a supermarket, variety of food outlets serving local and fast food).

Definitely will go back to the other hotel which I feel has better service for the same price.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Novotel Palembang Hotel & Residence

Reviewed 28 December 2011

The hotel is actually magnificent, but the atmosphere inside is very creepy. Lights are dim corridors and rooms with a lobby location very much. It is very disappointing from this hotel is its service. Starting from I came to the hotel, no hotel staff who helped carry my stuff. when I bring a lot of stuff and family. Once inside the lobby of resentment was a little relieved, the front desk staff is very ready smile, but pique back again when I have to wait for my room ready, but when I check-in is at 19:00 local time. Disappointment did not finish up here, because the fixtures in the bathroom is not complete and must be booked in advance. My advice to you for this hotel, less fit at a great price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pengelana_nusantara
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Recently, I just spend my weekend at Novotel Palembang. The experience was so terrible since its beginning. The receptionist asked me where is my Agoda receipt even i allready told her that I booked through Accor Reservation System. Then, I found the minibar was locked until I asked them to open it. When I ordered room service meal, the staff who bring the meal into the room insisted me to pay directly with cash even I allready open my credit card account to pay everything during my stay.

The worst was that my WC is broken, I can not flush my s**t and the WC keep broken until I leave the hotel the day after. The assistance manager promised to meet me during check out time, but until now I never meet him.

Inever believe that is hotel is a part of Accor Group in which I'm a holderof Accor Advantage Plus and A Club Gold as well. Disgusting!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank RioTirta
Reviewed 19 December 2011

On a business trip stay for 3 days. Very high ceiling at the lobby area with comfortable lounge. A good thing is that there is no smoking indoor while they cater a open area for smokers. Although the rooms are located at 3 level high, my only complaint is the long walk to room because the rooms are located in a circular shape like a dome. Breakfast is certainly not the best but have local delights. Just beside the hotel about 300m walk to the lotte Mart is good if you are looking for some shopping. Cheers

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Mokette
A TripAdvisor Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Location is too far from the City Centre and all other attractions. No Shuttle bus provided. There are private transfer vehicles, which is way expensive, one way ride to the City Centre or to the Airport cost 125,000 Rupiah where as taxi Blue Bird, cost only approx 50,000 Rupiah.
No tour desk, can't book any tour at all. City Map, have to purchase for 50,000 Rupiah from Hotel, front desk staffs were not helpful, they were reluctant to print out a google city map of Palembang for me. Overall, hotel room is spacious, comfortable bed, security is excellent, swimming pool great, sauna and gym have weird opening hour, check with them. Personally, I found that security and house keeping staffs are quiet friendly and helpful but front desk staffs are very slow and not willing to help or go extra mile for you.
Standard hotel, very disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family