Starz Hotel(Kluang)
Milano Hotel(Kluang)
Ailang Hotel(Kluang)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrailway stationcity viewlocation is fantasticexecutive deluxe roomwithin walking distancekluang townwifi is freestrategic locationfood outletswater pressure isearly morningample parkingshopping mallthe busbasementsupermarketshower
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Location is everything and the hotel is nicely located near shopping complexes, bus and taxi terminal, restaurants, railway station etc. Looked around Kluang town and found that this is one of the better hotels around. A little long in the tooth. At least it was clean. My room had quite a big balcony. There's a mini fridge, coffee tea making facilities in the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have been to this Hotel back to many years ago. I went back last week, I thought I am going to stay in a very old and lousy hotel, however it seems that they have renovated the hotel and it was a much better stay as compare to my last trip. The room is clean and the bathroom is quite new. It has been improved overall. I am quite happy with the conditions. It is very convenient as the convenient stores are just beside and opposite the hotel. No worry about food.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LifeTravel96
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We escaped to the Anika Hotel after mistakenly going first to the Anika Inn, also in Kluang, which is terrible. Why there are two hotels in the same town with such similar names I cannot understand. The Anika Hotel is nothing fantastic but it is a clean and comfortable place to stay and the staff are very helpful. It is located right in the centre of town and is close to the station.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Captainkit1
Reviewed 14 May 2012

the worst hotel in my life......poor service and old condition.
management service also very very poor,food and breakfast very suck.
wont stay in anymore.

complain to management and no any respon and maneger itself say she is not a manager.how poor?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tancheekit
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We booked a stay at the Anika hotel for a stop-over on our trip from Kuala Lumpur to Mersing. The booking was made via their web-site and they required a 10% deposit to be paid up front to guarantee the reservation. As we were travelling with a small child we had asked for a cot, but there was no acknowledgement of this and I wasn't surprised to find that it wasn't in the room when we got there.

What did surprise me was that they asked for another 20% to be paid as a deposit on check-in. I told the receptionist how rediculous I thought this was and questioned the need for it as I had already paid 10% and that I was in fact paying the balance of the room rate on check-in anyway. In the end they agreed that this was sufficient and the proceeded to charge the balance of the room rate to my credit card. When I was presented with the slip to sign it was immedaitely obvious that the had charged me the wrong rate (too little in fact) and I pointed this out to the receptionist who seemed to be unable to determine how to handle the situation. The issue was in the end settled by me paying the difference in cash.

The room itself was what they called a Superior Room. It was fairly large and had a double bed (regular - not king size) and a single bed. In addition there was a desk with a chair and a TV and coffee table with a set of four chairs around it. All well past their best days and like the rest of the room in dire need of refurbishment. On the floor there was a carpet that was so dirty that I doubt that it has ever been cleaned since the hotel was opened.

The bathroom was also quite large with a rather grotty looking bathtub with a wall mounted showerhead. The rest of the bathroom interior was in matching style and quality, all fairly tired looking and in despearate need of complete refurbishment.

The hotel staff is obviously in need of some training, but at least they were friendly. And although the room was nowhere near the sort of quality and standard that we had expected I suppose it wasn't too bad at the price. The main advantage for us was that the bed was reasonably clean and comfortable and that the hotel was quite easy to find. It is perhaps a good alternative for those on a tight budget looking for reasonable accomodation, although I am sure that we will book a hotel closer to the main road passing through the city if we were to stay in Kluang again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family