travelup.com
Prestigia.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
1,327 results
All reviews water villa fish domestic flight gan airport indian ocean villa host our honeymoon golf course male airport outdoor shower kids club dolphin cruise beautiful island main restaurant f b whispering palms out of this world
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Many times, you see pictures of crystal clear waters, you hear of delicious food and told about excellent service that you will get in a certain resorts, but once you get there, water is murky, food is lousy and service is lacking! Not here, not in Shangri-La Villingii..
We spent four days in heaven, I wish it was more. though on the pricey side, but Trust me, worth every penny.
I can't wait to go back there!

Room tip: Water villas are simply amazing
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nafha M
Villingili, General Manager at Shangri-La's Villingili Resort and Spa Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dear Nafha M,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that you had such a great stay with us in one of our water villas. I will certainly share your enthusiastic feedback with all colleagues.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-la’s Villingli Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We celebrated our wedding at the Shangri La in August 2012 with immediate family members totalling a group of 10. We got the beach pool villa, the 2 bd beach pool villa and 2 water villas. Overall we had an excellent experience. Our themes for this trip were exclusivity, luxury and a private intimate forum for our families to bond with one another.

Despite it being an 'off season' month for the Maldives (weather wise), I'd say 65% of the time the weather was quite nice and sunny. The other 35% of the time still allowed us to enjoy ourselves with a little bit of rain. Being a small group we were able to be flexible and actually had to move the wedding day forward by 2 days. Here we were impressed at how flexible the staff were in shifting all our plans to another day as we had several different events planned.

Villas - Five star standards with all the amenities. Rooms were extremely well maintained and cleaned and looked after to an uncompromising level. We were very happy with the rooms and the privacy they entailed.

Food - We ate at all the restaurants in the resort and were completely satisfied with both the variety, quality and standard. The F&B team is highly trained and were able to accomodate and serve our group very well. Furthermore, whenever there was an issue or a problem it was rectified immediately and again to our satisfaction.

Service - Top notch. From the minute we landed, we were greeted by the GM, senior management and our villa host. Again, I credit the management at creating an environment of excellence. From the minute we landed to the minute we left, there were no issues with the service. They were warm, welcoming and strived to keep us happy at all costs.

Facilities / Activities - Being a large island afforded them a more comprehensive activity list then their competitors. This was one of the reasons we picked this resort. Being a small group we wanted our guests to stay entertained. We took a yacht trip for the day and again, they catered it to our liking and the staff were professional. A huge advantage of this resort is that despite their 100% occupancy rate you still have a lot of privacy. No one was in our way nor were we in anyone's way.

Destination Wedding - Our requirements were to have our own private group dinners on a nightly basis and for the actual wedding we had created our own 8 course tasting menu in a very private secluded forum. From the translation of our vows (into German), to the quality of the F&B, to the staff dedicated to our group we frankly had nothing to complain about! It was truly a wonderful experience. What I really appreciated was how nimble their operations were - for eg - they were able to move our entire wedding forward 2 days and not let anything fall through the cracks. Furthermore, in the event of rain they even suggested closing their fine dining restaurant for our exclusive use in order to guarantee the finest experience.

Their attention to detail is fantastic. They do not nickle and dime at all and threw in many things at their own cost which was very nice to receive. My father celebrated his birthday on this trip and again they were caring to the details.

At the end of our trip they regrouped with us and were very keen to receive constructive feedback. I've travelled quite a bit and frequented many hotels of this calibre. It is rare to find a management so keen to constantly excel and always out do themselves.

Whether you're planning an event, a getaway, a holiday, a honeymoon etc - I would highly recommend this particular resort. You won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2012
7  Thank globalexpats

Dear MG_Stef,

It was a real pleasure meeting you during your stay and I was truly delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your time and your wedding celebration here with us.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share in such great detail and with such enthusiasm your staying experience. I am glad that we have made your wedding celebration a memorable one and I hope to be able to welcome you back for your first anniversary.

Your positive feedback on our Villas, Food, Service and facilities is truly appreciated and rest assured I will share this with all members of my team.

Once again thank you for your detailed feedback, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We've just returned home after spending 4 gorgeous nights in a Twin Beach Villa . This was very convenient for our family of 4 (2 adults with 2 teen children). The resort was very beautiful with immaculate grounds and lovely coconut trees all around. The rooms with their own pool were spot on.The service was excellent (At the buffet breakfast servers even offered to take our filled plates back to our table). We tried all the restaurants : Dr Ali , Fashala , and Jaavu. All were extremely lovely , with outdoor and indoor seating and extensive menus.

The beach however had seaweeds which somewhat hindered the quality of swimming , but we did snorkel in the Wispering Palms area , next to the over water villas. We saw loads of colourful fish there.

Bicycles were provided at each villa , and we enjoyed cycling to breakfast every morning as well as touring the island during the day.

We tied the Spa once. The staff there were professional with a variety of treatments and massages.

Many thanks to the General Manager Rene and his team : Hasan Ibrahim at Dr Ali (who prepared a lovely Shisha for my wife) , David at Jaavu , Diana from the reception , and of course Ibby , our contact person who was always there for us.The farewell at the jetty was very touching and emotional.

Will we be back ? Of course we will

Should you go ahead and book ? without a blink

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Zulu63

Dear Zulu 63,

Thank you very much for your great feedback and it was a pleasure meeting you and your family during your stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the food and service you have received in our restaurants and I would like to thank for taking the time to highlight some of our team members.

Rest assured I will share your positive feedback with my team and in particular Hassan, David, Diana and your villa host Ibby.

I have noted your comments concerning the seaweed on the beach which you observed during your stay. This normally happens during windy conditions overnight but I am delighted to inform you that we have already taken corrective action in form of increasing the frequency of clearing of seaweed during windy conditions.

Once again thank you very much for your great feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

I wish I could spend the rest of my life there. Everything was impeccable from the moment we arrived. The way the received us, welcomed us, were always their to help. It was perfect. The resort is a mini jungle and the trip from our tree house to the restaurant in the club car alone was an experience. Must see resort!

Date of stay: December 2011
3  Thank Beebosk

Dear Beebosk,

Thank you very much for your great compliments here on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed the facilities and services you received during your stay with us. I will certainly share your comments with my team.

You will also be pleased to know that since your stay in December 2011 we have now opened the first and only 9-hole golf course in the Maldives. So I hope to welcome you back soon maybe even for a round of golf.

Once again thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Best hotel i've ever been! Excelent food, stunning waters and views and great conditions. Tip: don't leave the island while your holiday...Oh, and on the island is very good wifi, cool shops and a lot of things to do, 3 restaurants, a lot of bars and private bikes.

Room tip: Best villas are on the south part. (beach villas)
Date of stay: April 2012
3  Thank kingtkingt

Dear MateiMatt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your staying experience here at Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for the generous compliments.

My team and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.